Riverside Middle School
Weekly Update 12/4/15
RMS WINS Pre-Season Invitational Tournament
The RMS Boys defeated Northwest and Tanglewood on Saturday to advance to the championship game. On Monday night, Riverside defeated Mauldin in a thrilling Championship game. The Royals mounted a 4th quarter comeback and Truman Roper made the game-winning 3-pointer with 2 seconds left in the game to give the Royals the Championship victory. Riverside 8th grade student, Jordan Woodruff, was named the tournament MVP. GREAT JOB Coach Raymond!
Colonial Teapots - Designed by Mrs. Wike's Social Studies Classes
THE small STUFF (UPDATED AND CONSOLIDATED)...
- As a reminder: The building closes at 7:00 throughout the week and make sure to exit through the front doors when leaving. This gives the custodial staff time to finish cleaning, checking their areas, and check all of the exterior doors prior to leaving.
- Don't forget to sign in, every morning, to Hall Pass. If the system is "down" please report that to Mr. Huff or Mrs. Woods. We have to have a "record" of attendance for everyone in the building daily. Remember, you can always sign-in from your computer in your room if the system in the Mail Room is down.
- GCSDocs will be replacing all of the other locations of communicated information by mid-January.
- Google Drive Training - Teachers can sign up for this training through the Portal. Selected programs and dates mentioned are as follows:
Google Apps for Education Series: 4/5/16 - 4/26/16, MT Anderson, 4:40- 6:30
Mentor Mondays, still accepting recommendations!
AMERICAN EDUCATION WEEK
Monday, November 30th
- 7:40 - Seventh Grade Intramurals: Mrs. Lee vs Mrs. Roper
- 3:15-3:45 - Model UN Meeting
- 3:30-4:45 - Drama Practice
Tuesday, December 1st
- 7:40 - Seventh Grade Intramurals: Mrs. Jackson vs Mrs. J. Mathis
- 10:30-1:00 - Ms. Kellett's class to Washington Center
- 5:30-7:00 - Basketball at RMS vs Hillcrest
- 6:00-8:00 - Chorus/Guitar Concert (Cafeteria)
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! - Mary Woods and Jennifer Wike
Wednesday, December 2nd
- 7:40 - Seventh Grade Intramurals: Mrs. K. Mathis vs Mrs. woody
- Admin AM Planning - NO FACULTY MEETING
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! - Lynn Truitt
Thursday, December 3rd
- 7:40 - Seventh Grade Intramurals: TBD vs Mrs. Luff
- 8:30-12:00 - Content Planning Meetings
- 10:30-12:00 - Ms. Kellett's class to Riverside Baptist
- 5:30 - 7:00 - Basketball Away at Ralph Chandler
Friday, December 4th
- 7:40 - Seventh Grade Intramurals: TDB
- Sundae Monday - December 7th
- Teacher Reward for Attendance - December 7th
- 5:30-8:00 - Basketball at Blue Ridge - December 7th
- 9:00-10:00 - PTSA Board Meeting (Cafeteria) - December 8th
- 4:30-5:30 - Student Centered Learning Session - December 8th
- 6:15-8:00 - Winter Band Concert - (Cafeteria) - December 8th
- 3:30-4:30 - Faculty Holiday Party (Media Center) - December 9th
- 5:00-8:00 - PTSA Spirit Night at Salsarita's on Pelham and Hwy14 - December 10th
- 5:30-8:00 - Basketball at RMS vs Northwood - December 10th
- 8:50-11:15 - 8th Grade to Bond's Career Center - December 11th
- 8:45-9:45 - SIC (Media Center) - December 14th
- 5:30-8:00 - Basketball at Lakeview - December 14th
- 6:30-8:00 - Winter Strings Concert (Cafeteria) - December 14th
- 3:20-4:00 - BETA Club Meeting (Cafeteria)
- 6:30-8:00 - Winter Theater Production (Cafeteria) - December 15th
- 5:30-8:00 - Basketball at Greer - December 17th
- WINTER BREAK - December 21st - January 1st
2015-2016 Riverside Middle School Goals
(Goal #2) During the 2015-2016 school year, RMS will implement inclusive practices including support facilitation, co-teaching, resource, and external supports to create a more inclusive environment for all students with special needs and English Language learners.
(Goal #3) During the 2015-2016 school year, teachers will implement a variety of student-centered instructional and assessment strategies including the use of technology and problem-based learning to enhance instruction as evidenced in notations in weekly planners, at least once per week.
(Goal #4) During the 2015-2016 school year, each content area team will plan collaboratively using Rubicon Atlas to create commonality in the pacing and assessment of teaching and learning, as observed in weekly content planning meetings.