Pella Middle School
News from December, 2020
- 12/23 - 1/4 Winter Break
- 1/4 - No Classes - Teacher Work Day
- 1/5 - Day 1 Semester 2/Quarter 3
- 1/8 - Quarter 2 Club Day - RESPONSIBILITY
- 1/11 - School Board Meeting 4:30
- 1/13 - 90 min. early dismissal for Professional Development
- 1/20 - 90 min. early dismissal for Professional Development
- 1/25 - School Board Meeting 4:30
- 1/27 - 90 min. early dismissal for Professional Development
- 2/1 - No Classes - Teacher Work Day
- 2/10 - 90 min. early dismissal for Professional Development
Stratton Announces Retirement after 24 Years at Pella Middle School
Schulz Named Iowa VFW Teacher of the Year for 2019-2020
The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
Top 3 VFW Patriot’s Pen youth essay contest from Pella Middle School
Student Council Adopt A Family Service Project
Attitude Determines Preparation, Preparation Determines Outcome.
Pella School Resource Officer (SRO) Changing of the Guard
Nobody knows what they’re capable of until they push themselves hard enough to find out.
Continued Mitigation Efforts Greatly Appreciated!
Please Continue to:
Have a water bottle for school
Let the school nurse know if you or someone in your family/home is being tested for CoVid. If being tested, please do not come to school until you have the results!
- Keep an extra mask (or two) in your locker to ensure you have one when you need it.
- Wash your mask regularly
- Rotate masks, or grab an extra in order to rotate.
- Review the chart below, so we can continue to limit and reduce the spread.
Mrs. Sheets's Team Delivers Once Again
Pella Dutch Live Streams All Events
Free Meals Extends through the End of the School Year!
Originally, free meals were made available until the end of 2020. The USDA has now approved funding for free meals through the end of the 2020-2021 school year. What great news!!!
ATTENTION: MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
A la carte items are not included in the free meals offered by the USDA. You will be charged a fee for any item taken from the a la carte line.
The Counselor Connection
As winter has made its forces known, we know it’s important to keep our bodies active. This can feel difficult when there’s snow in the ground and activities are limited due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you’ve got the right gear, you can do almost any activity outside. There’s no better time to try than this year: If the risks of COVID-19 have you steering clear of indoor workout spaces this winter, consider mixing up your activities! You can bundle up and try...
Sledding, building a snowman, making snow angels, snowball fights, ice skating, snow shoeing, taking a brisk walk, jog, or hike, or shovel snow for someone in need.
If your student is in need of winter gear, please contact me, we can assist!
Don’t forget the resources Covid Recovery Iowa has available.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Jourdan Van Wyk, School Counselor