Surviving the First Day of School
A Guide to Remaining Sane
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe
Attendance- NO SKYWARD
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) No one will be marked absent on the first day
2) Skyward will not be used. All attendance will be on paper.
3) You will see your 2nd period class first
4) You will see your 1st period class second
RED FOLDER (2nd Period)
1) Put a 1 if the student is present
2) Leave blank if the student is absent
3) Place red folder outside your door
First Day Packets
* First Day Packets are due by Wednesday for students
* Teachers turn in first day packets to Mrs. Leasman Thursday, grouped by forms, NOT IN ABC ORDER.
* If a student is missing a class or has any mistake on their schedule, SEND STUDENT TO THE COUNSELOR, MRS. HASS, DURING THE PERIOD OF THE MISTAKE. (i.e. Student is missing a 4th period class or has two 4th period classes, they will go see Mrs. Hass during 4th period.)
Tips for success...
* Have a "Do-Now" activity for your students, even if it is just a word search
* Don't just teach your procedures, model them...have the students act them out
* Take this time to display strong classroom management
* Make some deposits in your students' emotional bank account (because there will most certainly be a need for withdrawals later!)