Running Club News
May 8, 2017
Off and Running!!
This week we practiced moving for 30 minutes. The kids traveled about 2-miles doing different activities such as jogging, skipping, side-winding, walking backwards, side shuffling, etc. They all really hung in there and stuck with it, especially after 4th and 5th grade had their field days. We were very proud of them!
Next week we will simply be running/jogging/walking for the entire time as a way for them to practice their 5k distance. We know that everyone will be finishing at their own pace at the actual race, but we want them to have the endurance practice beforehand.
Scamper Against Cancer 5K Important Information
- Saturday, May 20th at Coolray Field
- Parking is free and easy
- You may wear your running club shirt or whatever is most comfortable for running.
- A coach will be there by 7:00am for anyone who wants to arrive early; please find us after you have your bib so we know you are there. We will plan to be near the stadium/check in area.
- Please plan to arrive by 7:40am at the latest, the 5k begins promptly at 8:00am and you will need to check in, pin on your number, put your shirt in the car, etc
- Remember to drink water before the race!
- We will plan to take a group photo at 7:50am.
- The coaches plan to run the 5k as well, so we will be cheering the kids on along the race course. Everyone will be finishing at their own pace, so a parent/family member should be at the finish line to meet their runner.
- You may leave as soon as you need to after finishing the 5k or you can stick around for the Fun Run... or to just enjoy the atmosphere!
- Questions? Just e-mail us!!
Photos... See below! We got some group shots last week!