WE'RE ALL WONDERS
FAMILY NEWSLETTER FOR JAN 31 - FEB 4
NEXT TWO WEEKS AT A GLANCE
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 7
- Classroom-level Spelling Bees will be held in each 4th-6th grade classroom sometime this week
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 8
- ART: Imler, Gelter, Nichols
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 9
- ART: Hope, Cluff, Larsen
- Soup with the Superintendent - Congratulations to Juno A. who will be representing Reading Elementary at this event!
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10
- ART: Brimhall, Klinker, Bounds
- 6th grade DARE lesson with Officer Coombs and Officer Scott
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11
- 6th grade dance practice
- Some classes will hold COVID-friendly Valentine's Day activities today, while others will wait until Monday.
- Early-out schedule today!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12
- "The Little Mermaid" Cast Photos between 10am-noon - see the musical website at https://readingmusical.com/ for additional information
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14
- Happy Valentine's Day!
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15
- Sixth grade field trip to Ballet West
- ART: Newland, Jensen, Clayton
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16
- ART: Crowley, Shupe, Gassaway
- The Counseling Team from Centerville Junior High will visit Reading Elementary 6th graders today to discuss registration and transitioning to junior high next year
- ART: Macaulay and Williams
- 6th grade DARE Lesson with Officer Coombs and Officer Scott
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18
- Sixth grade dance practice
- Early-out schedule today!
Incoming Kindergarteners for 2022-23 School Year
We are preparing to register Kindergarten students who will attend for the 2022-2023 school year. If your child is age-eligible (born between 09/02/16 and 09/01/17) and will be coming to Kindergarten, please provide the information requested on the form at this link:
We plan to collect preliminary information with this online form until Feb. 28, 2022. That will allow registration packets to be mailed on March 4, 2022. Office staff will be available to collect completed registration forms/packets on Friday, March 19, 2002, between 9am-3pm OR on Monday, March 21, 2022, between 10am-5pm.
Just for your information, registrations require picture ID for the parent or guardian, an original birth certificate for the child, two proofs of residency, and proof of the required immunizations. We don't keep originals of these items but will be happy to make copies when you return the completed packets on March 19 or March 21. Please bring your child’s immunization record even if they are not up-to-date. Many incoming Kindergarteners cannot complete their required shots until the summer. Please submit a separate survey for each child (in the case of twins, etc.).
We will have a separate process to register students in other grade levels who are new to Reading, those currently attending charter or online schools wishing to return to Reading, etc. We would appreciate your help in letting any neighbors or friends know of our upcoming Registration dates.