Newsletter for Families
Parents/Guardians need to complete the registration form online!
First Week Schedule
Face to Face Learners:
- A Group (Last names A-K):
Tuesday, 9/8: School is virtual from HOME
Wednesday, 9/9: School is Face to Face all day
Thursday, 9/10: School is Face to Face all day
Friday, 9/11: School is virtual from HOME
- B Group (Last names L-Z):
Tuesday, 9/8: School is Face to Face all day
Wednesday, 9/9: School is virtual from HOME
Thursday, 9/10: School is virtual from HOME
Friday, 9/11: School is Face to Face all day
Check your emails as you will get a welcome email from your advisor and information on what you need to do on September 8th.
Face to Face Hybrid Schedule Explained
- For the 75% of students who opted for face to face, LPS determined that a hybrid schedule would be necessary in order to implement all the safety precautions.
- Hybrid: This simply means that your student will attend school face to face half the time and will do school from home half of the time.
- The groups were created according to last names. A group = last names A-K. B group = L-Z. The above calendar illustrates the day your group is face to face (note V day below).
- To create consistency for families, the goal was for all A group kids to attend school on Mondays and Thursdays; B group kids attend school on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The calendar ALSO has a V day. For LA Students, school is a HALF DAY in person. A group from 8:20-11:20; B group from 11:50-2:50. Transportation is also available on Wednesdays, but it will bring you straight to LA instead of the high school first.
School Bus Information
- Shuttle Bus LHS: #435 Departs LHS @ 8:05 a.m. (or when last bus arrives) from the bus lane in the back of the building.
- Shuttle Bus LN: #434 Departs LN @ 8:00 AM (or when last bus arrives).
At 2:50, students will load the two shuttle busses at LA to return to the high school. At that point they will transfer to their routed bus to take them home.
If you did not opt-in for transportation but need to, please call 736-5360.
School Lunch Must Be Pre-Ordered
Set up an account at https://www.schoolcafe.com/. There is also an app that your student can use. Lunches will be free first semester, but they must be pre-ordered. Breakfast will not be on pre-order, but will be available for pick up as students enter the building each morning.
Face to face students will select group one and the room #/name of advisor to alert the cafeteria where the food should be delivered. This information (room #/advisor) was emailed to your student on FRIDAY by his/her advisor.
For virtual students (fully or partially virtual), there are several options for lunch. If you want to pick up a breakfast and lunch at LA each day, pre-order the lunch and select group 2 curbside pick up. You can pick up the food from 11:30-11:45 each day.
Required Senior Immunizations Prior to School Attendance
Safety Measures at Liberty Academy
Please be assured that LPS is doing everything they can to maintain a safe learning environment. Positive cases will happen, and all of our daily restrictions are in place to help us prevent the spread to others. If your child is asked to quarantine (whether due to a positive test or being a close contact), their advisor will maintain virtual school with them while they are out.
For more information regarding our safety procedures, check out the Return to Learn page.