January 27, 2023
Celebrating 28 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education
Theme for the Year
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the Principal
We are ready to give something good to God this coming week! We have Catholic Schools Week to celebrate! We begin this celebration with Mass at your parishes and Open House this Sunday. Please come say hello and have some cookies and punch while visiting your child's classroom. Your teachers and children have been hard at work decorating the halls and preparing their rooms to receive you. Pray that we have many new families come to see the school. We are so proud of what we have.
Know that we are working hard at St. Joseph Catholic School to live our lives for Christ. We desire to serve Him by serving you, our families. Through our servitude, we hope to be a positive impact on the lives of your children. The children of our Church are our future. What an awesome opportunity we have to improve the world around us. We do not take this opportunity lightly. Thank you for trusting us to care for your children through your partnership with us.
See you Sunday!
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
January Bible Verse on Theme of Faith
Preschool Bible Verse Recitation
Beautiful job, Knights!
Saintly Quote About Faith to Ponder With Your Family
"Faith is to believe what you do not see;
the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Virtue for the Month of January
Study of Greek and Latin Roots
Here are the Greek and Latin roots we are working on across campus this week:
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- Important Message For Access to FACTS Family Portal: Beginning in January, FACTS will release a security update to the Family Portal login page that will require parents, students, and staff to first enter the school’s district code (SJC-TX), followed by their username and password which will appear on a second page. Once updates are complete, parents and students may be required to update their password if it is expired per our school’s setup under system security settings.
- 1/29 Sunday - Catholic Schools Week Open House from 12pm to 3pm: In celebration of our Catholic school, all are invited to attend! Come have some cookies and punch, while visiting with teachers in classrooms. This is a great opportunity to meet your child's grade-level teachers for the 2023-2023 academic year.
- 1/29 through 2/4 - Catholic Schools Week: Please see the agenda below for all the exciting events!
- 1/31 SJCS Drama Club (5th-8th grade students): First meeting. Please reach out to Mrs. Hess at email@example.com for details.
- 2/1 Wednesday Mass – NJHS Food Collection: Please join us for mass on this day and any donation from the list provided below will be shared with the St. Vincent de Paul Society Food Pantry of St. Joseph Parish. Thank you in advance for your generosity. All donations will be received before Mass. Please see the list below for requested donations.
- 2/3 First Friday Mass and Grandparents/Grandfriends Day/Noon Dismissal
Catholic Schools Week - Open House
New Family Registration - February 6th - Tell your friends!
Catholic Schools Week Agenda
Update to Pikmykid Phone App
Annual Fund - Quest for Excellence
We are still accepting contributions to our Annual Fund. These funds will be used to aid families in need of tuition assistance, update and enrich classroom and instructional resources, provide professional development for our faculty, and fund campus improvements, which include the playground.
Please help us grow by contributing a gift of any amount towards our goal of $100,000.00. We have currently received $22,316.00 in donations. Thank you!
Text QUEST to 817-587-1229 to give.
Men...You are invited!
Home and School Association
A Knight to Remember (AK2R) Annual Gala
Please Volunteer - We need you!
Service Hour Opportunities
- Volunteer to help at an HSA event!
- Help beautify the flower beds around campus
- Donate food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
Knights in Action!
Lunar New Year
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Thanks to Our Altar Servers
A heartfelt thank you to this week's altar servers for being willing to serve the school community in this beautiful role. You are all becoming very proficient at this new role!
Mrs. Lara's 4 your-old preschool students are very proud of their saint projects! We cannot wait to show the school to the families on Sunday!
Mrs. Grove's Kindergarten Technology students were able to practice their computer skills by opening Google Chrome, choosing a tab, and getting to work on their assigned activity. After the lesson, they spent some time in Socratic discussion reflecting on the lesson and how they overcame its challenges. Awesome!
Mrs. Wolanin's 3rd grade students researched plants to create their Planet Travel Brochure. A clever way to compile all they learn!
Mrs. Do's preschool students want to share with you their recent recitation and finger play titled, "My Garden". Well done, Knights!
This Week in Art
Please enjoy some of the beautiful artwork created by our Knights this week:
3rd Grade: Navajo Sandpaintings - authentic symbols of healing spirits used by Native American tribes designed by students on sandpaper
Kindergarten: Heart Art - pre-Valentine’s Day heart drawings using markers and crayons
4th Grade: Totem Poles - sculptural designs on recycled brown paper inspired by Northwest coastal Native Americans using symbolic totems of stylized animals
7th Grade: The Human Eye in Surrealism - drawings of imaginary eyes inspired by artist Rene Magritte’s painting, “The False Mirror”, from the Museum of Modern Art in NYC
Sports This Week
Girls' Diocesan Basketball Team
Enjoy this photo of the Girls' Diocesan Basketball Team! The team has quite a few SJCS girls:
7th Graders: Marisa Woehr and Lily Procell
8th Graders: Katherine Gutierrez, Lily Doskocil, and Sara Doskocil
We are very proud of you all!
Boys' Diocesan Basketball Team
Our Lego Club is off to a great start! How wonderful to see students of varying grade levels problem solving together in an after-school setting. Here are just a few photos from today. We hope the students in this club enjoy their time together and that the parents attending are able to socialize with one another, helping to build our SJCS community. Thank you, Mrs. Lopez and Mrs. Hansen, for moderating the two club groups. You are appreciated!
Greenhouse life thrives even in the winter months! Our 5th grade students enjoy assisting with greenhouse chores and gathering the fruits of their labor.
Look at what the Lord has provided from our efforts in the greenhouse!
Our RoboKnights enjoyed their competition this past weekend! The students learned a lot about competing and presenting under pressure. Everyone enjoyed themselves and were excited to compete. We are very proud of all of you! Thank you to our mentors, Mrs. Grove, Mr. Williams, and Mr. Murphy for their dedication to this group. We could not do this without you!
SJCS Alumni News
Mr. Suarez had a special visitor at this week's art show! SJCS alumni, Sal Bosquez, stopped by to support one of his favorite teachers. Thank you for stopping by, Sal!
These SJCS alumni, Julia and Emma Horton (Faculty member, Mrs. Horton's daughters) and Cecilia and Damaris Saldivar came to support their siblings in the show! Great to have them back on campus!
Class of 2022
St. Joseph Parish News
Meet Our Parish Priests
Weekly Mass Opportunity
- Parish website link: https://stjoe88.org/
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Are you in need of prayers?
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.