BAS Weekly Update
November 18, 2022
Dear BAS Families,
As we head into the short week ahead of the Thanksgiving Break, it is hard to not pause and think about all we have to be grateful for. This year, in addition to being thankful for the health and happiness of family and friends, I am thankful for the community of families, students, and staff at Bloomingdale Avenue School. Each day, I am reminded that our students are fortunate to be surrounded by caring individuals and an entire community that strives to ensure they meet success.
Throughout the month of November, students have been learning about gratitude and giving. First graders have worked with Mrs. Biggiani to share what they are grateful for during our morning announcements, students have donated non-perishable food for the PTA sponsored food drive, and this week's class parties will include service learning projects.
If you haven't yet, please take a moment to nominate an educator of the year for BAS. There is no better way to show your gratitude! The form is linked below and nominations will be accepted until Wednesday.
Thank you to the PTA for hosting STEAM Night last week. It was a night of fun and learning for all of the families that attended!
Please be reminded that Wednesday, November 23rd is a single session day. There will be FULL Day and AM Kindergarten ONLY.
- AM Kindergarten dismiss at 11:00 AM.
- Full Day Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades dismiss at 12:20 PM.
As always, please reach out with any questions.
Albany Avenue Arrival
BAS' Governor's Educator of the Year
Please click here for information from Pomptonian, our food service provider.
Cranford Public Schools works hard to keep our students and staff healthy. Thank you to all parents / guardians for joining us in that effort. CDC and New Jersey State COVID-19 guidelines have changed for the 2022-2023 school year.
Please review the items below for Cranford School Districts practices:
*Flu Season has begun. Flu activity usually begins in October, peaks between December and February and can last as late as May. Since the start of the COVID pandemic, the timing and duration of flu activity has been less predictable. As we prepare to reduce flu cases as much as possible, Cranford School District asks for the community’s help. Recognizing symptoms and staying home is the most effective way to avoid the spread of any illness. Please click this link to review important information regarding the flu.
* Continue to report positive COVID-19 cases on the district reporting form and you will receive an informational email from the nurses. Use the link below for reporting: COVID -19 Reporting Form
* Please remind children to wash their hands frequently and cover coughs and sneezes with their elbows
Thank you for your continued support in keeping all students and staff healthy and safe.
- Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive - Monday, November 7, 2022 - Monday, November 21, 2022
- Single Session - Wednesday, November 23, 2022 - AM Kindergarten only
- Holiday Boutique - Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Second Grade Chorus Winter Concert - Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 1:45 PM in the BAS Auditorium (Doors Open at 1:30 PM)
Thanksgiving Food Drive
BAS Holiday Boutique - December 1, 2022
The Holiday Boutique is coming to BAS! The children will visit the Boutique with their class to “shop” for their loved ones and enjoy the season of giving. It is a very exciting event during the most wonderful time of the year!
It's Variety Show Time!
It's time to get the Variety Show underway and we need your help!
This fantastic fundraiser can't happen without your support!
The variety show is an annual BAS PTA fundraiser where students, grouped by their class, perform dances choreographed to popular songs. All BAS students are invited to participate. Your child should have brought home a flyer about the show, but, in case you missed it, here are some of the details:
SHOW DATE: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
DRESS REHEARSAL DATE: Tuesday, March 28, 2023
SHOW LOCATION: CHS auditorium
SHOW THEME: BAS is One-derful!
Please consider signing up to be a class director today! Ideally, 3-4 directors are needed per class. Together, they are responsible for conducting rehearsals, choreographing a short dance routine, arranging simple costumes, and communicating necessary information to parents. Rehearsal information is as follows:
- All classes, with the exception of PM Kindergarten, will rehearse before school from 7:45am-8:15am on their assigned day. PM Kindergarten will rehearse from 11:25am-11:55am.
- Rehearsals will begin in early January and will be held in the BAS gym.
- Class directors should plan on attending an informational meeting on December 5th at 7PM. At least one director from each class must attend. More details on this meeting will be shared as it gets closer.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the volunteer form below by November 16th.
We are looking forward to a wonderful show!
For any questions, please reach out to the Variety Show Co-Chairs:
Susan Burke (email@example.com)
Catherine Venditti (firstname.lastname@example.org)