Pivot Panthers' Updates
January- February News
FREE ACT TEST - FEB. 27th for all 11th and 12th graders!
Post- Secondary Information
• 4 courses in English (at least three with substantial writing)
• 4 courses in Math (Algebra I and higher level courses)
• 3 courses in Natural Science (at least two with a lab)
• 3 courses in Social Studies
• 2 courses in the same foreign language
• 2 academic electives
2. Earn minimum scores in reading, math and writing on one of two nationally recognized college entrance exams:
• SAT: 460 in both Reading and Math, and 440 in Writing
• ACT: 19 in both Reading and Math, and 18 in Writing Even students who meet the minimum requirements may not gain admission to the school of their choice because of limited space. The more competitive universities,such as UF, FSU, UCF, and USF, are looking for students with 21 academic courses or more. Students seeking admissions to one of the Florida Universities are advised to take additional academic courses such as Psychology, Sociology, Advanced Placement, higher level sciences, and the 3rd and 4th year of foreign language.
To be eligible for admission to a state college, a student must earn a standard high school diploma or its equivalent (General Educational Development – GED – or adult high school diploma). Many students begin their college education in the Florida College System and plan to transfer to pursue a bachelor’s degree at one of Florida’s public or independent four-year colleges or universities. Many of the juniors and seniors in the State University System (SUS), as well as many students attending independent colleges and universities, began their post secondary work at a Florida College System institution. Florida is nationally-recognized for its highly effective articulation between and among institutions. For instance, in Florida’s 2+2 System, students:
• Can complete the two-year Associate in Arts(AA) degree at a Florida College System institution.
• Are guaranteed admission with an AA to at least one of the SUS or baccalaureate-granting Florida College System institutions.
• Do not need to complete any additional general education requirements.
• Can transition to a four-year institution to complete the baccalaureate degree
Visit the State University System of Florida to see your favorite University's admission requirements: http://www.flbog.edu/forstudents/ati/ugradadmissions.php
FOOD DRIVE for Metropolitan Ministries NOW until 2-16
Friday, Feb. 16th, 9pm
Drop off at Pivot
NONUNIFORM TOP PASS given for each time items are brought in!!!!