East Elementary News
October 4, 2019
Passionately empowering learners through connection and innovation
October 5 - Happy Birthday, Amanda Fields! (Life Skills Teaching Assistant)
October 6 - Happy Birthday, Charnese Perez! (Communities in Schools Site Coordinator)
October 7 - Happy Birthday, Leslie Lieberman! (Special Education Teaching Assistant)
October 7 through 10 - Student Pumpkin Decorating Contest
October 11 - End of 1st 9-Week Grading Period
October 11 - East PTO Spirit Sales
October 11 - House Party/Pep Rally
October 11 - East PTO Teacher Appreciation Lunch
October 12 - East Elementary Truck or Treat (3:00-6:00 PM)
October 14 - LCISD Professional Development Day - NO SCHOOL!
October 15 through 25 - East PTO Red Apple Fundraiser
October 14 - Happy Birthday, Laurran Hurst! (Special Education Teacher)
October 17 - Happy Birthday, Alyssa Lopez! (PK Teaching Assistant)
October 17 - Happy Birthday, Kim Thompson! (Art Teacher)
October 17 - Fall Picture Day!
October 19 - Vision & Hearing Screenings
October 28 through November 1 - Red Ribbon Week (See below for more info!)
October 31 - Halloween Parties from 1:00-3:00 (Specific times coming soon!)
November 1 - House Party/Pep Rally
September Pirates of the Month
A note from Mrs. Lowe
In the last newsletter, Mrs. Lowe shared an article on the benefits of family meals shared around the table. These benefits include the likeliness of better grades in school and the decreased risk of drug, alcohol and nicotine use. This week, we are sharing HOW to have a healthy family table. Implementing these tips will increase the enjoyment of all family members. We hope many of you were able to add at least one additional family meal to your week.
Charleston Wrap Fundraiser - Due Monday!
Our fundraising deadline is 10/4/2019 and we need your help!
Haven't had time to get involved with our fundraiser yet? It's not too late to do your part and help us reach our goals - but, we need your help today! Just click on the image below to register your student now; our School ID is 15339.
Also, it's not too late to spread the word to friends & family which will help us reach our final goal!
· Invite Friends & Family! Use the email invitation generator after registration to send email invites to family & friends.
· Share! Use the social media sharing tool to spread the word about our fundraiser.
· Text! Use the handy texting feature to quickly share our link with family & friends.
· Shop! Your holiday gift purchases will help us reach our goals.
Student Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Trunk or Treat
Planning for the Trunk or Treat on Saturday, October 12 is underway! However, there are a couple of areas where we need your help.
1) The plan to have around 30 trunk or treat spots is falling short. Therefore, Please let us know if you would like to decorate a trunk and bring candy to hand out to our little trick or treaters.
2) We are still looking for some volunteers to help on Fall Festival Day.
East Elementary Costume Drive
Thank you for your support!
Red Ribbon Week - Oct. 28- Nov. 1
Monday, October 28 - Drug-Free Awareness Day
- Students wear all red clothing
Tuesday, October 29 - "I Have the Power to be Drug-Free!"
- Students dress up as superheroes
Wednesday, October 30 - "Put a Cap on Drugs!"
- Students wear hats
Thursday, October 31 - "I can be Anything When I am Drug-Free!"
- Students are invited to wear their Halloween costumes; please refrain from anything scary or violent. No pretend weapons or fake blood are allowed.
- Friday, November 1 - "Your Choices are the Key to Your Dreams!"
- Students wear school-appropriate pajamas
October 11 - LCHS v. Plainview HS, Pirate Stadium (7:00 PM)
October 18 - LCHS v. Wichita Falls Rider HS, Memorial Stadium in Wichita Falls (7:00 PM
October 25 - LCHS v. Wichita Falls HS, Pirate Stadium (7:00 PM)
November 1 - LCHS v. Abilene Wylie HS, Bulldog Stadium in Abilene (7:00 PM)
November 8 - LCHS v. Canyon Randall HS, Pirate Stadium (7:00 PM) *Senior Night*
East Elementary Lunch Schedule
Prekindergarten - 11:00-11:30
Life Skills - 11:10-11:40
Kindergarten - 11:25-11:55
First Grade - 12:10-12:40
Second Grade - 11:00-11:30
Third Grade - 11:35-12:05
Fourth Grade - 11:35-12:05
Fifth Grade - 12:10-12:40
The District provides space on its newsletter for organizations to post their events.
Such posting does not indicate any endorsement by the District.