- The Azotic Topaz displays all of the colours of the rainbow, in the one stone
- Brazil is one of the leading suppliers of topaz's
- It is an 8 on the Mohs scale
- Azotic topaz comes colourless and is coloured by technology and can also come naturally coloured
- Azotic Topaz comes in weak pink, weak red-brown and weak yellow-brown tinting, as you can see just about all of the colours of the rainbow inside the gems
Myth & Legend
The Egyptians believed that topaz was colored with the golden glow of the mighty Sun God Ra. This made topaz a very powerful amulet that protected the faithful against harm.
The Romans associated topaz with Jupiter, their God of the Sun.
In ancient times it was believed that topaz helps to improve eyesight.
The Greeks trusted topaz's supernatural power to increase strength and make its wearer invisible in times of emergency. Topaz was also said to change color in the presence of poisoned food or drink. Its mystical curative powers changed with the phases of the moon.