By Amber Pribyl
Why is it bad? Plagiarism is bad because it is using another persons words or ideas as your own without acknowledging them. The author's work belongs to the author and when you use it without permission or siting the author it is a form of stealing.
How can you avoid plagiarism?
* Credit the author by name and also cite the the work where you found the ides
* Provide a new citation when using additional information from a previously sited work
Sources - How can you tell if they are credible?
* Is your information current?
* Is the source an expert?
* Is the source biased?
* Is your information accurate?
Why should you use sources?
* To show that you are informed and your paper is relevant reading
* So you show that your paper is not a personal opinion but researched facts
* To prove that what your saying is true by having a range of sources
* So people can continue to learn from the source beyond the information in your paper