September 1, 2016
Calendar Of Events
September 5: Labor Day/ NO SCHOOL
September 6: Parent Observations & Parent Lunches begin
September 6: Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
September 8: Panda Express Red Oak Spirit Night
September 15: Fall Pictures
September 22: Leadership Breakfast @ 8:30
September 26: Staff Development/ NO SCHOOL
September 27: Math Parent Night & Uniform Exchange Night
September 30: Birthday Friday & $1 Jean Day
From the Principal
Don't forget that our Big Kahuna fundraiser forms and money are due Tuesday, September 6. Please have your child turn everything into his/her homeroom teacher.
Enjoy your 3 day weekend--get some rest and spend time with friends and family!
As our morning arrival traffic flow improves each day, we are going to begin issuing tardies for students that are late. Next week, (8/29-9/2) we will start writing tardies at 8:15, the following week (9/6-9/9) at 8:10, then (9/12-9/16) 8:05, and then finally at 7:55, beginning the week of 9/19. This will give us time to ensure our morning arrival is flowing in a smooth timely manner. Please continue to work to have your student to school at 7:55.
From our Specials Teachers
Music: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Grade ONLY-We will be using recorder instruments in Music Class this year. Be on the lookout for an order form here in the next couple of weeks to purchase a recorder for this year in Music Class through the school. You may also purchase a recorder through any Music Store or through the website www.MusicK8.com . These will be an investment for your child for their years in elementary school that they will be able to use until they finish 6th grade.
PE: Parents this Friday will be the first home game for the Life School Mustangs Varsity Football team in our new stadium. Please come out and support the team. Game starts at 7:30, I hope to see you there.
Computer: With allergy season upon us, the computer lab could use some supplies to help us stay as healthy as possible. Please feel free to send an item of the following hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and baby wipes. Please write your students first / last name and their grade level on the items and please specify the items are for the computer lab. I will use that information to make sure your student(s) earn their parenting points for the donation.
From Our School Nurse:
Wendy Santos, R.N.
- It is very important that you have your hang tag hanging from your mirror and student card visible each and every time you are picking up students.
- All visitors will be required to submit a driver's license/ state id and have it scanned in order to be admitted into our campus. Please be prepared for this when you come to the office to check in.
- Parent Observations and Parent lunches do not begin until September 6, 2016.
- LSRO will be hosting an uniform resale shop on September 27th. All items will be sold for $1, please be sure to bring one dollar bills, we will not have change to give back.
- Parents please do not drop your students off until our doors open at 7:25am.
- Parents please remember for the safety of our students and staff cell phones are not permitted in the arrival or dismissal line.