Bear Creek First Grade Newsletter
October 23, 2017
Check Out What We Are Learning!
Addition and Subtraction to 10
Balanced Equations (Ex: 3+5 = 1+7)
Missing Addend (Ex: 4 + ___ = 8)
Reading, Writing, Social Studies
"How To" Expository Writing
Expository Writing (nonfiction/informational)----landforms and natural resources
Punctuation-period, question mark, exclamation mark
Maps and Globes
Communities in Different Places
Oviparous Animals and the Life Cycle of an Egg
Student- Led Conferences Coming on November 2
Skills to Practice at Home
- Count forward 1-50 (written)
- Count backward 50-1 (written)
- Count from any given number 1-50 (forward and backward)
- 10 more, 10 less, 1 more, 1 less than any number 1-50
- How many tens and ones in a given number?
- Skip Count by 10's, 5's and 2's to 50
- Recognize front AND back of a penny, nickel and dime
- Count groups of pennies, nickels and dimes
- Ordering numbers least to greatest and greatest to least to 50 (Ex: 45, 33, 12)
- Read for 10-20 minutes nightly with an adult, record each completed book on “GCISD Reads” form located in your child’s Daily Folder.
Red Ribbon Week at BCE
** Tuesday, Oct. 24- I'm Too Bright For Bullying And Drugs- Wear NEON
** Wednesday, Oct. 25- Don't Blend Into The Crowd, Be An Upstander- Wear CAMOUFLAGE
** Thursday, Oct. 26- Say Boo! To Drugs And Bullying- Wear your favorite HALLOWEEN SHIRT
** Friday, Oct. 27- My Character Counts- Dress up as your Favorite Storybook Character
Socktober at BCE
Mark Your Calendar!
October 23-27- Red Ribbon Week
October 27- Book Character Day
October 27- NEU Pep Rally- Wear college gear!
October 27- Trunk or Treat @Bear Creek 7:00-8:00
November 2- Early Release @11:45/ Student- Led Conferences
November 4- Fall Festival @ BCE 2-5pm
November 10- Veterans Day Assembly and NEU Pep Rally
November 16- First Grade Thanksgiving Program @ 6:45pm
November 20-24- Thanksgiving Break
December 1- NEU Pep Rally
December 1- Cookies With Santa TBD
December 21- Early Release- begin Winter Break
Show School and Team Spirit!
On Fridays, have your student show support for a college by wearing a college T-Shirt! (It does not have to be a college listed below. Those are the colleges we have adopted in our classrooms.)