For the Weeks of August 6-10
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
That's being Turrill Tough!!
Dear Parents and Families,
I’m writing to let you know how important it is to fill out the school meal application form by downloading it below and returning it to school if you haven't already done so. I am encouraging all of our families to complete the form.
Some parents are concerned about listing income amounts and social security numbers on the application. Any personal information you provide will not be shared:
- Free and reduced price meal applications are confidential. Your information will only be used to determine your child’s eligibility for the school meal programs. We cannot share your information without your written permission.
- Students who receive free and reduced price meals are not identified. No other students, staff, or teachers need to know who is receiving free or reduced meals and who has paid. All children that choose to receive a meal at school go through the lunch line the exact same way.
There is one very important reason to fill out this form: The more families that file applications with our district, the greater the possibilities of increasing our funding, which equates to greater educational services to you and your children.
Please take a few minutes to fill out this form to help us determine whether your child may qualify for these important benefits.
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up for the first two Weeks?
Monday, August 6 -
- Learning to believe in ourselves!
Tuesday, August 7 -
- Understanding that making mistakes is part of the learning process.
Wednesday, August 8 -
- Working on not procrastinating.
Thursday, August 9 -
- Building our perseverance.
Friday, August 10
- Whole school picture at 3:00
Parent Volunteer Training
Tuesday, Aug. 14th, 6:30-7pm
Do you know the difference between a "visitor" to the school and a "volunteer"? Do you know if you need to be a volunteer in order to chaperone a field trip?
If you aren't certain of the correct answer to these questions and have always wanted to volunteer at school then please come and join us for a brief Parent Volunteer training.