Over the Hump...
...midweek reminders to finish your week strong!
Wednesday January 26, 2022
If you would like to share your praises, prayer requests, leave a comment about how you've been impacted recently or if you have a question about something you've been thinking about, please click here.
Would you like to walk with someone in the First Principles of following Jesus? Are you willing to serve the body by leading in corporate prayer, reading scripture, praying with those who come to the altar on Sundays? If so, click here.
Here's Your Giving Report for this Past Week...
You see these offering reports each week because it is incumbent upon us to report to you, the Covenant Partner, how the church is doing (meaning we, the Covenant Partners) - the church to whom God has called you to responsibility and privilege.
God has provided for the needs of our church, our community and global responsibility AND He has done so graciously through our obedience -- leveraging what we have and what we've been given to do ministry among our neighbors here in our community, in our city and around the world. #SoliDeoGloria
Would You Give a Gift to the Ministry of Jesus Here @ Crossroads?
We have a few projects that MUST BE COMPLETED by early Spring 2022:
- Dedicated HVAC Units for The Upper Room: $10,000
- A Dedicated HVAC Unit for The Loft (of the Worship Center): $6000
- New Roof for The Upper Room (educational building): $37,000
- Not a MUST, but the very last of our building renovations is the completion of our church kitchen: $50,000
As many of you know, we are living in a time of bizarre supply and demand of building materials and technology, where these prices can change drastically in a week, so these are not guaranteed invoices, only estimates. As the Lord blesses you and your family, would you consider giving to our Building Fund on a regular basis - weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc or even plan to give toward the Building Fund off of your Tax Returns in 2022 so that we can pay cash for all three of these projects when we have them done in early Spring 2022?
Hey Crossroads Family! Jaclyn Whitlock is HOME!
Hallelujah! 🙌🏽 Jaclyn says, "I am home ❤️ Thank you, everyone, for the prayers and thoughts! I will have a long recovery to get back to 'normal'. Jaden still has a few weeks in the NICU before he will be coming home."
Now let’s jump in and serve this family through some meals! ♥️ Click here to reserve your spot on MealTrain to serve and bless this family recovering from a very long, hard-fought battle over the last 5+ weeks.
Global Partner Highlight
Global Partner Spotlight - Area Churches/BRKC Association
- Our association of Kansas City churches that we cooperate with here in Eastern Jackson County for missional outreach
Also please pray for these churches in our community:
First Baptist Church of Grain Valley and Pastor Wayne Geiger
Faith United Methodist of Grain Valley and Pastor Mike Cassidy
Valley Community Church and Pastor Jason Williams
Valley Baptist Church and Pastor Chris Allen
The Road Church and Pastors Dale Smith and Charles Ackman
Pray that the Gospel message might be loud and clear in their pulpits, in their ministries and in their lives - -- so that all may hear...AND live! We ARE the Church!
Click here to read BRKC''s latest newsletter.
Missions Opportunities Right Here in Your City!!!
Welcoming an Afghan Family as New American Neighbors Right Here in Blue Springs
Alicia Sasyk is placing one of the refugee families in a home this week here in Blue Springs. Della Lamb has asked if we can help with furnishing the home for them. If you have any gently used furniture can you please reach out Alicia Sasyk or Rachel Huenefeldt ASAP? Items we are needing include table and chairs, kitchen supplies( dishes, silverware, pots and pans, glasses etc) beds (various sizes) bedding, towels, shower curtain, bathroom rugs.
We also need 2 crews of people!
- First crew to help set up things for this family so that once they sign their lease we can welcome them in!
- Second crew to help transport the family and their luggage from the hotel to their home here. This is a wonderful opportunity to help dive into relationships with those around us!
As we've been talking about "Loving Our Community", this is a HUGE opportunity that God has put right in our laps to act on what we're teaching. Nothing is too small.
- Someone could donate beds...maybe just even mattresses.
- Someone has a nice-looking lamp that they no longer need.
- Someone has a gazillion kitchen utensils, 3 sets of pots and pans, extra dishes, silverware.
- Someone has a couch in storage...or a chair in their bedroom with a pile of clothing on it.
- Someone has a table in their garage.
- Someone has some time to help set things up in the house.
- Someone has time to prayer walk the home.
- Someone has some money they could donate to meet needs if they don't have the time or the stuff to donate.
God blessed Crossroads Church with this incredible opportunity to help fulfill needs of strangers...to extend Gospel-centered ministries of mercy so that they might come to know, love and follow Jesus into His Kingdom.
Refuge KC -- Welcoming Our New Afghan Neighbors: Update and New Roles
Hello! While the Afghan Hotel is still up and running, and much of the information that I have for you is regarding things happening in the hotel, not everything is this time! Please read through for all the information and let me know if you have any questions!
What is the Ambassador Program? Ambassador Teams come alongside our new-American neighbors so that they might flourish in their new country and follow Jesus into His Kingdom. In addition to the Afghan families who have already been placed in homes, we still have refugees being relocated from around the world to Kansas City. If you would like to learn more about the Ambassador Program, you will want to join Carson Myers for an Ambassador Program Info Meeting over Zoom. There are multiple dates/times to choose from, beginning this Thursday evening! Be sure to register for a meeting here: AMBASSADOR INFO MEETING
There is a need for some things at the Afghan Hotel. We need these very specific donations -- and only these donations -- at this time. Once you have signed up to share that you will be providing, I will reach out to you via email to coordinate the delivery -- but please allow me 24 hours to reply to you, as my inbox is constantly filled and the hotel is constantly busy. You can see the needs here: AFGHAN DONATIONS
TRANSPORTATION @ AFGHAN HOTEL
Let me tell you about an awesome volunteer named Nick. For weeks, Nick has volunteered his time to be here at the hotel and provide transportation on Tuesdays & Thursdays (among other things). I need more people like Nick! If your church is willing to schedule their church bus/van to come to the hotel once per week, or if you have a van and are willing to simply be available to take someone to WalMart or help them pick up a prescription, I need to hear from you. What I'm specifically looking for are individuals, a small group, a church body who, after having provided a security clearance to me, can be here on a routine basis. For example, every Wednesday from 10am-12pm. If I know your regular availability, then I can much better organize trips to the grocery store, etc. If you are able to do this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
AFGHAN HOTEL OPPORTUNITIES - REGULAR
Thank you to all who have signed up since my last email. I have received more people meeting needs through service here at the hotel, as well as a whole lot of kind words. Thank you. Still, the beat goes on ... and it doesn't appear to be slowing down any time soon. We are getting another 20ish people this week. I've extended the sign-up sheet through the month of February (yikes!), so please continue to sign up here: AFGHAN HOTEL
AFGHAN HOTEL OPPORTUNITIES -- SPECIAL EVENTS
I was thrilled with the response for those interested in hosting something special for the families here -- like the ice cream social that I strongly hinted at. Ha! Another group wants to do a pizza party for 200! Anymore ideas for fun things here at the hotel or outside? Help me by giving me some ideas!! For those who are interested in doing any special activity, please get with me soon so that we can schedule it and prepare for it! Email me at email@example.com.
Please sign-up to serve here: AFGHAN HOTEL
Missions Opportunity From Your Couch!!!
How Can You Pray for Our Global Partners?
Have you visited our page with all of the latest updates from our Global Partners who GO and SERVE on behalf of you and your family, taking the Gospel around the world as an extension of Crossroads Church so that others may hear...AND live?
Have you talked to your children about our Global Partners and encouraged them to pray for them in your family prayer time? Click the image to our Missions page or click here.
How Can You Pray for Your Church Family?
Click Here to submit a prayer request that will appear on a private page for our church family to be able to bring one another before the Lord in prayer. You have the option to hide your personal info and/or the prayer request.
Click Here to view the Personal Prayer Requests submitted by your church family.
Praying over C2 Corporately
This is a hidden page on our website that has a list with 24 sections some with several sub points. They could easily be used as a 24-Hour Prayer Guide. They are also numbered so that you can use them as a Daily Prayer Guide, praying each day of the month for the request that corresponds with the date.
Thru this page you can also access church family prayer requests, share personal prayer requests or praises, or use the OpenDoors link to pray for persecuted believers worldwide.
Lord, Teach Us - and Our Kids - To Pray
One of the most basic ways we love our children is through prayer. But if we’re honest, prayer is one of the hardest things to do consistently and intentionally.
Below we want to share two stories about prayer from the life of our family, and then give a few tips for capturing and leveraging everyday moments to pray with your toddler.
God of the Details
Jared and I (Megan) typically drive to church in separate cars on Sunday morning. He heads in early to help set up and to pray with the other pastors. Then I bring—or drag—the girls in for the early service.
One Sunday, I was running late. We were late getting up. We had to wait for a train to pass. And I was worried I wouldn’t find a place to park before the service started. Then, just as I pulled up to the building, another car pulled out of its space. Immediately, I blurted out: “That was lucky!” And as soon as I said it, I felt a twinge of conviction. I’d started out that Sunday without even thinking about God and the way he guides my days.
Click here to continue reading
SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES THAT ARE COMING UP THROUGH THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!
- Thursday, January 27th: Session 4 of Warriors Basketball and Cheer, 6:30-8:00pm @ Matthew's Elementary
- Sunday, January 30th: Fourth session of 2022 Crossroad's University "How Do We Love Our Community?" @9:30am
- Sunday, February 20th: Breakfast with the Ekklesia @9:30am in The Underground
- Sunday, February 27th: Lord's Supper with the Ekklesia @9:30am
- Saturday-Sunday, March 4-6, 2022: Crossroads Men's Warrior Weekend
- Sunday, April 10th: The Well: Holy Week Edition @6pm
- Sunday, May 29th: Crossroad Family Picnic
- Sunday, July 3rd: Freedom Bash
- Sunday, July 17th: The Well @6pm
- Monday-Friday, August 1st-5th: CSM @ Eagle Rock Retreat
- Friday-Saturday, September 9th-10th: Burger Barn
- Sunday, October 2nd: Tailgate
- Saturday, October 15th: Strike 4 Hunger
- Friday, October 28th: Trail or Treat
- Sunday, November 20th: The Well: Thanksgiving Edition @6pm
- Saturday, December 24th: The Well: Christmas Edition @6pm
*Dates are subject to change and more events will be added! We'll keep you informed.
CHECK OUT FRIDAY'S "C2 ESSENTIALS"
DOWNLOAD CHURCH CENTER TODAY!
- ...find a Group
- ...participate in Group messaging with your Group and Ministry Teams and find contact information for those in your Group
- ...support your church, missions and special projects through Giving
- ...signup for a variety of special events (like the ones above this message)
- ...view an upcoming calendar of events here at Crossroads so you can mark your own calendars
- ...view a directory of contacts within the church family and see photos to connect a face with a name
- ...pre-check-in on your way to The Big House so you don't have to stand in line at the Check-In Stations
You'll find links to some of the most vital utilities and features you'll need access to in order to fully participate in community here at Crossroads Church
You can find and install Church Center in the App Store of your mobile device or by clicking the image above.
You can also find and bookmark all the Church Center features and utilities in your favorite browser on your computer by CLICKING HERE or by typing https://crossroadsgv.churchcenter.com/ in the search bar.
Stay Connected to C2
Our Website: http://direction4living.com
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 900 NW Jefferson St. - Grain Valley, MO 64029
- Crossroads Church - PO Box 351- Grain Valley, MO 64029
Darryl & Sharon Jones - Elder/Lead Pastor
- Darryl - 816-694-7621 / email@example.com
- Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl
- Sharon - 816-694-7622 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Bonnie Burns - Pastor Darryl's Admin Assistant
- 816-718-2153 / email@example.com
Daniel & Krysten Ballard - Elder/Worship Arts/Student Ministry Pastor
- Daniel - 816-517-4252 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Krysten - 816-809-1128 / email@example.com
Michael & Summer Hicks / Elder
- Michael - 816-298-3032 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Summer - 816-572-1264 / email@example.com
Please note: the church DOES have a phone line for those outside the church family. We've had the line for the last 22 years and it's good to have for the general public. However, the church line mostly attracts sales and marketing calls. As a result, it is not monitored very closely.
If you need to contact one of our Staff Pastors or Elders, PLEASE USE THEIR MOBILE NUMBERS WHICH ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ABOVE. You'll also find this information in the front of your Crossroads Connections notebook. These numbers are not to be given out to the public but are available for your personal use.
Office Hours: 10am-3pm Monday thru Thursday
- Pastor Darryl Jones is full-time here at the church but isn’t always in the office as ministry happens everywhere. Pastor Darryl and Sharon live here in “The Big House” and try to be very accessible to the church family. However, they do try to protect Friday each week as a day of restorative rest and time together. Click Here to schedule an appointment with Pastor Darryl. Pastor Darryl tries to “unplug” electronically on Fridays but can be contacted through Sharon in case of emergency.
- Pastor Daniel Ballard is only in the church offices part-time while serving as a full-time EMT for the Odessa Fire Protection District.
- Michael Hicks is a lay Elder and does not keep office hours. He is self-employed and owns his own company, East Side Electric, LLC.
- Bonnie Burns is Pastor Darryl’s Administrative Assistant and works in the church offices during office hours.
- Everyone else who serves our church does so on a volunteer basis—neither receiving compensation nor keeping office hours.
All of that to say - we are here to serve you, but “here” is always relative. Text, email and phone are our friends. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you can’t find us at “The Big House”.