The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of January 17, 2022
Monday is the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday. There will be no college or high school classes, Monday, January 17, 2022.
Tuesday, January 18th and Wednesday, January 19th
Bus riders, only the shuttle buses will be in operation. The shuttles will pick you up from the hub site in the morning and take you back to the hub site in the afternoon. Please be at the bus at 4:00 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday!! Buses will be here at 4:00pm!
In case of inclement weather, RCSS Central Services will communicate with RECHS staff and students.
The prom committee will meet on January 26th at 4:10pm in Ms. Hughes' room. All interested Juniors and Seniors should attend. If you want to participate on prom committee, but unable to attend, to contact Ms. Hall and Ms. Hughes.
Announcements from Ms. Perry, RCC Liaison
Seniors, if you have not already applied for college graduation please do so immediately.
Please login to Moodle and complete the Syllabus Quiz.
If you have login issues come see me or call the helpdesk 336-625-1573
If you have not picked up your report card or textbooks, please go to the main office.
For Juniors who do not have an afternoon class block, you will receive your seminar assignment via email from Mrs. Blackmon weekly.
9th Grade-----$19.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc.
Randolph NEXT: RCC/RCSS/ACS March 8 Senior Event
Seniors WITHOUT post-graduation plans, this is for you!!!
On March 8, 2022, Randolph Community College and other organizations are hosting an event to show you opportunities available within Randolph County. RCC will showcase their programs, a job fair will occur, and military recruiters will be present. Seniors can come in any of the time blocks below:
· 9:15-11:15 (reserved for HS seniors)
· 12:15-2:15 (reserved for HS seniors)
· 4:00-6:00 (open to the public)
Please register if you are interested in attending the March 8th Randolph NEXT event.
In Need of Volunteer Hours?
Reminder: There will be no classes on Monday, January 17th and the college will be closed in observation of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Take some time to learn about the reason for this day: Click here to see Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream.." speech.
Here are some interesting resources to learn more:
- Google Arts & Culture – Martin Luther King Jr.
- 10 Things You May Not Know About MLK.
- This Day in History.
- MLK Jr. Remembered
- How Did MLK Jr. Day become a federal holiday?
- Podcast episodes about MLK Jr.
- YouTube Playlist of his greatest speeches
- Spotify Playlist
- - - - -
To join our online community and unlock new creative writing opportunities, contact Victoria Davis (email@example.com) or Dr. Gregory Vance (firstname.lastname@example.org). Online meetings take place on the first and third Thursdays of each month (4:00 - 5:00 p.m.).
Check out the flier for Uwharrie Dreams - https://bit.ly/3A9CtT5
- - - - -
SGA will give away a number of prizes for services like Netflix, Hulu, and others through a virtual hunt for an armadillo! Here’s how you can win!
1) Follow SGA on Instagram at @randolphccsga
2) Check our Instagram story each Friday at 11am for a picture of our little armadillo friend and this week’s prize located somewhere in Randolph County
3) Email your answer to the armadillo’s location to email@example.com use your RCC student email address before our Instagram story disappears from our page!
4) If you are the first correct answer for that week, you win that week’s prize
5) Even if you are not first, if your answer is correct, you are entered in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of our contest. Each correct answer enters you in the final drawing again! So, for each week you submit a correct answer, you increase your odds of winning the grand prize!
If you have questions, please email Shane Bryson, Director for Student Life & Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our flier for this here! - https://bit.ly/3kRtXmh
- - - - -
Need to create a resumé or cover letter or to work on interview techniques? Want to learn how to job search or how to use technology to enhance your job search? Need assistance with an application or training in soft skills? Randolph Community College is here to help with its Employability Skills Lab.
The lab, which is free to all RCC students, is from 1-4 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, beginning Aug. 17, in the Student Services Career Center on the Asheboro Campus. No appointment is necessary. Students attending any Employability Skills Lab will be eligible to choose one item of free professional clothing from The Armadillo Career Closet.
If you have questions, please contact Elaine Sill, Career Services Coordinator - https://www.randolph.edu/directory/employees/sill-elaine.aspx
- - - - -
To find information on Student Life at RCC, links to our social media accounts along with the College's main accounts, and more info on our clubs and student organizations, or even the Armadillo Cafe Menu check our LinkTree for SGA - https://linktr.ee/randolphsga
RCC Graduation Application
Click on the link below to learn more about the RCC Writing Center!
Save the Date!
ACT (All 11th Graders): March 1, 2022
Spring Break: March 7-11, 2022
Holiday: April 15
Teacher Workday: April 18
Prom (dependent upon Covid restrictions): April 23, 2022
Celebration of Achievement: May 12, 2022, 6:00pm, Journey Church
Graduation Practice: May 19, 2022, 9:00am, Journey Church
Graduation: May 20, 2022, 10:00am, Journey Church, Ticketed Event
RECHS Expectations Concerning Absences Due to Quarantine
- Students must check their high school and college email daily.
- Students need to email their high school teachers daily by 12:00 pm for attendance purposes.
- Students need to check Canvas and Moodle daily.
- Students need to communicate with their college instructors.
- Students need to complete the Covid Exposure Concern form for RCC.