March 20, 2023
REMINDERS: Arrival and Dismissal
- MLE Car Loop-To ensure safety for our Huskies, please DO NOT let your child exit your car until 8:10 am (T-F), 9:45 am (M), AND pull all the way forward to Mr. Baker before letting your child out of the car.
- Front Bus Loop by Reader Board- This is a bus loop, A&A transportation loop, and drop off for our DLC families. This is not a place to park and drop off your Husky. Please use our car loops to drop off. If you arrive late, after 8:25 am, you may use this loop to park and walk your child to the front door to sign them in.
Please DO NOT arrive before 2:40 pm!
- Our SMS loop is for our middle school students who have dismissal from 2:25-2:40 pm. We will not be able to use this loop for our dismissal if we don't help them with their traffic flow at their dismissal.
- We have some staff who have gotten stuck in our back MLE loop trying to pull out.
Thank you for helping us ensure our arrival and dismissal is smooth and safe! We appreciate your help!
The Week Ahead...
Tuesday, March 21
Wednesday, March 22
Thursday, March 23
Friday, March 24
Upcoming Spring Dates
March 28-29: Elementary early release (conferences). MLE Early release is 11:40 am.
Schools are closed for Spring Break April 3-7.
The PTA is in need of pictures for this year’s yearbook. The following would be helpful to send in:
•Anything school related: 1st day, husky pride, spirit days, homecoming parade, etc.
•Maple Lawn sports or clubs
• Choir Concerts
•PTA Fun: Back to school night, movie night, golf, Missoula Children’s Theater performance, muffins/doughnuts w/fam
Please send pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to label pictures with student’s full name and teacher. Last day to submit your pictures is MARCH 24th! Thank you!
March Character Trait of the Month
Right at School registration open for 2023-24 school year
Registration is open for Right At School, a nationally-recognized school enrichment provider for before- and after-school care for elementary-aged students at all of our elementary schools and the Sumner Early Learning Center starting with the 2023-24 school year.
Right at School staff hosted a parent information session via zoom earlier this week. For those unable to attend, view the recording to learn details about the program and hear answers to some common questions.
Register for 2023-24 School Year
Registration for Right at School is now open.
About Right at School
Right at School provides families flexibility in enrollment options and a comprehensive enrichment curriculum to keep students engaged while they participate. Students will have a healthy snack, engage in dynamic fitness activities, student-driven projects, team building, leadership development, and have the opportunity to complete homework assignments.
Open from 6:30 am to 6 pm
Flexible schedules and pricing options
Tuition discounts available
Childcare available during breaks, non-school days, and summer
Visit Right at School’s SBLSD website for more information, including program offerings, curriculum, registration and billing, electives, camps and more.
Calendar reminders, update; new last day of school
Memorial Day weekend: School will be in session on May 30. This is a weather make-up day from when schools were closed on Dec. 1.
- Last day of school: Due to the Feb. 14 school closure, the last day of school is now June 22 with a half-day/early dismissal.
View a complete list of key dates for the 2022-23 school year.