Prairie Point Panther Press
Newsletter for Prairie Point Elementary School
Friday, August 25, 2017
Welcome to the Prairie Point Panther Press!
2017-2018 Student Directory
Lego Robotics Program
Lego Robotics will begin at Prairie Point on Sept. 7th. from 3:45-4:45 for grades K-5. The program runs for 8 weeks every Thursday through Oct. 26th for $99. If your child is interested, please register at www.ChasewoodLearning.com.
PushCoin - New Lunch & School Fee Payment Procedures
Free and Reduced Lunch Information
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
Health Requirements Kindergarten, 2nd & 5th
Completed physical exam/immunizations
Completed physical exam
Proof of one dose of Tdap
Completed 3 shot series of Hepatitis B
One dose of Meningococcal Vaccine given on or after 11th birthday
31 Thursday, Home & School Organization Meeting, 7:00pm in the LRC
6 Panther Fitness Challenge kick off (Curriculum Night)
12 Chipotle Night
26 Culver's Night - 5th grade teachers serving
29 Panther Fitness Challenge - all day
The Panther Fitness Challenge is coming!
Mark your calendars for September 29th during the school day. This is Prairie Point’s only fundraiser for the year. Join us for this fun, high-energy day! If you are interested in volunteering, contact Karen Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org. Panther Fitness Challenge – Everyone Moving Together!
News from the Nurse's Office
Noted on the District 308 website: http://www.sd308.org/Page/17756
When should my student stay home from school?
Your child is too ill to go to school if he/she has any of the following symptoms:
· Vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
· Shortness of breath or wheezing (not controlled with an inhaler if they have asthma)
· A cough that interrupts his/her normal activity or wakes them, or other family members at night.
· An undiagnosed rash unless cleared by a physician’s note
· Drainage from the eye
· Severe sore throat
· Fever- If your child has a temperature of 100° (or higher) in the past 24 hours they cannot attend school. Children are to be fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication, before returning to school.
· A contagious illness that is treated with antibiotics, such as strep throat or pink eye, and has not been taking the antibiotics for a full 24 hours before returning to school.
Aramark Positions Available
For details visithttp://www.sd308.org/Page/8234 or call Kate Kloet at 630-636-4611.