Third Grade Weekly Update
April 23-27, 2018
April 27- Northwest READS – Friday at 9:00 am. We need ONE reader per classroom. Talk to our librarian if you can help!
April 30- Legacy Walk – Seniors from NISD high schools that attended JES will walk the halls in their caps/gowns on Monday at 8:30 am.
May 4- Field Day
May 11- Make-up Field Day (If weather is bad on the 4th)
May 14 and May 15- CLOSED Campus for STAAR Testing
May 14- 3rd Grade Math STAAR Testing
May 15- 3rd Grade Reading STAAR Testing
May 24- Career Day
May 25- Talent Show
May 28- No School (Memorial Day)
May 31- Early Release at 11:40
June 1- Early Release at 11:40
What We Are Learning This Week
We will be learning about cups, pints, quarts and gallons. In addition, we will be reviewing multiplication of two digit numbers and money for our test on Friday.
Test on Thursday April 26.
Below is the multiplication song for students to learn their skip counting! This is a great song to listen to at night or in the car. Open it and save it for easy access!
- How do you think deeply about a text?
- How do you draw conclusions while your reading?
- How do you provide text evidence for your conclusion?
- What are the 4 poetry types?
- How can you improve your narrative writing?
- What is a main event?
- What is the difference between a summarized main event and a fully elaborated main event?
- What are the 5 parts that make up a fully elaborated main event?
- Reviewing vocabulary for the next 3 weeks with a focus on using context clues, synonyms/antonyms, and prefix/suffix.
- What are the different stages of life cycles? (Plants and animals)
- How have animals and plants adapted to survive in their environments?
We are working on financial literacy as it aligns with economics.
- What is financial literacy?
- How are credit and interest connected?
- What is scarcity?
- What are some examples of planned and unplanned spending?
Registration for 2018-19 is OPEN
Help us gauge student enrollment and teacher staffing by registering your child for the 2018-19 school year.
If your family will be relocating over the summer, please call the front office at 817-215-0800 so that we can get your child’s records transferred to the new school.
We appreciate all of the family members that have chaperoned a field trip, volunteered as a WatchDOG or party helper, or worked on classroom materials at home. Save the date for Monday, April 30th during your teacher’s lunch time. We look forward to thanking you for this support!
Tuesday, May 1st form 5:00 – 6:30 pm.
Share this with neighbors or friends that have students that will be 5 years old by September 1st. There is a link on our website for what documents are needed for Kinder Round Up.
Book Fair coming!! - Buy One – Get One from Scholastic Books for three days in May!