Finn Hill Falcon Flyer
Week of November 22, 2021
This Week at FHMS
- Boys V/JV Soccer: Bye
- Girls Badminton: FHMS @ EMS
- Boys Regional Soccer: EMS @ FHMS at JHS
- Half Day, 8:35-11:35 am
- Thanksgiving Break
Wednesday, November 24 Bell Schedule
Girls Badminton: KaMS @ FHMS
- Boys V/JV Soccer: FHMS @ EMS at RHS
- Boys Regional Soccer: FHMS @ KiMS at LWHS
- ASB Social (more information to come)
Girls Badminton: Bye
- Boys V/JV Soccer: FHMS @ RHMS at LWHS
- Boys Regional Soccer: FHMS @ KaMS at JHS
Girls Badminton: FHMS @ KiMS
- Boys V/JV Soccer: KaMS @ KiMS at LWHS
- Boys Regional Soccer: EMS @ FHMS at JHS
Girls Badminton: RHMS @ FHMS
- Boys V/JV Soccer: KaMS @ FHMS at JHS
Girls Badminton (Varsity Only): FHMS @ KaMS
- Boys V/JV Soccer: FHMS vs KiMS, EHS Stadium, 4:40 pm
- Boys V/JV Soccer: KiMS vs FHMS, EHS Field 3, 4:40 pm
- Boys V/JV Soccer: KaMS vs FHMS, EHS Stadium, 5:20 pm
- Boys V/JV Soccer: FHMS vs KaMS, EHS Field 3, 5:20 pm
Looking for ways to support those in need in our community?
- Pantry Packs is conducting their Thanks “giving” food drive on 11/13. You can purchase items off their Amazon wish list at Amazon.com that will help provide food that goes home with students over weekend for families facing food insecurity.
- Kirkland Nourishing Network is still raising funds to help cover grocery gift cards to distribute to families to help over Thanksgiving and Winter breaks. You can donate at Kirkland Nourishing Network – Helping Food Insecure Families with Food During Long School Breaks.
- Finn Hill Giving Tree – Help support some of our FH Families by donating gift cards or shopping for specific items requested for the holidays. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Kirstin Doughty at email@example.com.
Holiday Travel? Fill Out the Pre-Arranged Absence Form!
Are you going away for the holidays? Don't forget to fill out this Pre-Arranged Absence Form. Easy fillable pdf, then simply email it to Mrs. Davidson at attendance: firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget if your student is absent longer than three (3) consecutive days, both pages need to be filled out. Form is attached below.
Congratulations! PTSTA Reflections Art Program Finalists
The PTSA and the Reflections Art Program would like to congratulate a handful of Falcons and Friends! Crystal Zhu, Eliana DeBolt, Pariya Salehi, and Rasa Dastbaz are all Finn Hill Middle School Reflections Art Finalists. Your art will move on to be judged at the Lake Washington District Level and we are all proud of your achievements. We hope you continue to express yourself through art and encourage you to participate each year! Congratulations, artists!
Finn Hill Build and Fly Session this Saturday, November 20, 2021
This is a quick reminder that we have a Build and Fly session in the Finn Hill Middle School gymnasium this Saturday, November 20 from 12:00 o’clock noon to 4:00 o’clock pm.
For those students who attended their very first Build and Fly session on October 23, you should have been given a plastic storage box to keep your models safe from getting damaged. Model airplanes made from balsa wood and tissue paper don’t like getting wet and crushed, so the plastic storage box eliminates those problems.
If you are coming to the Finn Hill Build and Fly session for the second time ever, you will be building a Mountain Lion Mark III (third generation). If you have already built the Mountain Lion, let us know what models you have completed, and we will get you going on the next project.
Remember to bring $10 cash to cover the cost of the build and fly session and be sure to wear your face mask before entering the gym and bring your plastic box full of models. We will have extra disposable face masks if you forget to bring one. I hope to see you this Saturday at the Finn Hill Middle School gym. Oh, and before I forget, we will not have a build and fly session in December due to the winter break, so the next session will be held on January 16, 2022, which is a Sunday.
Change in Lunches
If possible, please try to send your student with a couple back-up masks in case theirs breaks during the school day. Thank you!
Finn Hill Middle School
Each student will graduate prepared to lead a rewarding, responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society.
Every student future ready: Prepared for college, Prepared for the global workplace, Prepared for personal success