September 19, 2016
A Principal's Perspective
I know this has been a busy, productive week. Although very successful, I know that success is because of each of you helping to support our school. That could be helping a colleague while they were out sick, helping with Boosterthon, encouraging your class by providing fun things like crazy hair and hat day, by encouraging a team member because they were discouraged/frustrated, attending a faculty meeting or fluency meeting and sharing your ideas, welcoming parents to our school event, etc. which all combined help to build a positive, enriching school family. Thank you for being all in this week! I think the pictures below sum it up for us. If you are like me, you are tired and are looking forward to a restful weekend! Well deserved!
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Henry
Gym (7:20): S. Rhine
Cafeteria (7:20): Marshall
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Matthews
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20): Hastings
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20): Littlefield & Michelson
Counselor Schedule: Kinder, PPCD, PreK & Life Skills
Librarian: at PC
Week at a Glance
Campus Social Focus: Mustang Spirit (video link: http://safari.csisd.org/SAFARI/generated/embedlinks/fe133a14a132a0b63a5df0a35edd1bd1.mp4 ) R Respect & Kindness
Monday: Wear Gray
Tuesday: Wear Maroon/White & Jeans!!!; GP Tech Training for all staff - See below for details.
Wednesday: Tech & Specialists' Open Office Hours 3:15-4:15
Thursday: United Way Wear Your Vacation Shirt & Jeans - Say goodbye to summer and hello fall! See below for details.; REACH 3:15-4:15
Friday: Math Meetings K-4 ( Kinder & 1st Grade read Chapters 3 & 4; 2nd - 4th read Chapters 4 & 5) Please come prepared by having your chapters read in advance and ready to discuss your thoughts.
News & Notes
- GP Social Dues: Dues are $25 for full-time staff, $12.50 for part-time staff and $15 for paraprofessionals. Please pay your grade level Social Rep. Our goal is to collect all the dues by Monday, October 31st. Please see below for guidelines that guide our activities and gifts.
- T-Tess & ATR Goals: Due Monday, September 26th, in Talent Ed.
- Office Hours: Wanting to talk with a specialist about a struggling student? Need more information and strategies before taking a student to SIT? Want to talk about a lesson? Need help with a technology program, app or computer? We can help! Open "office" hours will be on Wednesdays from 3:15-4:15 provided by our reading specialists, math specialist and campus tech coordinator (Chris Parr). Please utilize their expertise to support you as you learn and grow professionally and to support your struggling students.
- Tuesday Tech Day: Attend a tech session (Tuesday, Sept. 22nd, 3:30-4:30) and wear jeans ON MONDAY (due to Vacation Day on the 22nd). Teams that have all members attending will receive a Sonic drink the following day. Attend all sessions this year? May we will celebrate with a lunch. This week's session will be sharing highlights from Ipadpalooza' summer workshop. This session counts for comp time coming up in the spring.
- United Way: As a district we support three community non-profits: United Way, Brazos Food Bank and Relay for Life Cancer Benefit. We are partnering with Pebble Creek Elementary to celebrate the official last day of summer (officially ending at 9:21 a.m. (central time) on Sept. 22nd) and providing funds for the United Way through the United Way Youth Cabinet. Students can pay wear a hat and a vacation shirt (note: We will have a jean/hat day early October for students to pay $1 to participate. We did not want to confuse Boosterthon with United Way!). Staff members donate a minimum of $1 to wear a hat, vacation shirt and shorts! Yes, we are celebrating the end of summer and hello fall! If you would like to participate, there will be a brown envelope outside Bonnie's door, please donate and mark off your name. Student teachers and method students are encouraged to play too! A note will be sent home with students in Monday folders on 9/19th for students to wear their vacation shirt.
- Spirit Ribbons: The CSHS Marketing Class designed a special spirit ribbon for our school for next week's Bryan vs CSHS game. The ribbons, I think, will be $1. They will have a limited amount. They will sell them Tuesday morning and after school.