5th Grade Happenings
Monday, April 25th - No School
- Bad Weather Make-up Day
Ms. Eldridge's last day
Friday, April 22nd, 7:30am-3:15pm
1700 East Park Street
Cedar Park, TX
Middle School Band Information
STILES MS BAND
Do you have a 5th grader coming to Stiles next year? Are they excited to try out instruments and join the band? Please join us on Saturday, April 16th in the Stiles cafeteria to meet your instrumental destiny J. It is drop-in between 9am and 3:30pm but some instruments do fill up. I would plan for it to take 1-2 hours, depending on how many instruments your child would like to try. For more information, see our website:http://stilesmsband.org/future-band-members/.
Henry MS Band
Instrument Testing Drive Reminder!
Any incoming 6th grader who wants to be in BAND!
Did you not sign up for band but have changed your mind? It’s not too late!
- Curious, but not sure? Come to the Instrument Testing Drive and see what instrument picks you!!
- Contact Mr. Herrings at Robert.Herrings@leanderisd.org
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
9:00AM-11:00AM – Last Names between A-H
11:00AM-1:00PM – Last Names between I-Q
1:00PM-3:00PM – Last Names between R-Z
3:00PM-4:00PM – Anyone who could not make the above time
Henry Middle School Cafeteria
To test you for your instrument placement!
What if I cannot make that date?
Don’t fret! Contact the Band Office at 512-570-3427 or by email
at Robert.Herrings@leanderisd.org to set-up an alternate
testing date to be scheduled AFTER April 23rd
Welcome to our Family!
Join the FUN!!!!
Cafeteria Check Policy Notice
Due to Leander ISD policy, the cafeteria will no longer be able to accept checks without a driver’s license number and phone number clearly written on the check. To avoid any delay in funding your child’s lunch account, please ensure that your driver’s license number and phone number are included with the check.
Week of April 11-15
What are we LEARNING this week?
APR 11, 2016
- Cover Story: An article about the growing problem of plastic pollution in the world’s oceans
- Toads on the Road: An article about helping toads migrate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Feeding Time: An article about Mike Maslanka, the person in charge of maintaining proper nutrition for animals at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
- Kid Spotlight: An article about Jameson Vaughan, a nine-year-old who helps keep the roadside free of trash
- Debate: Should Selling Bottled Water Be Banned in National Parks?