Anthony Johnson / Acord / English Reading
- painful watery diarrhea
- muscle cramps
- Cholera is highly contagious and has a very big impact on big cities.
- The CDC.gov (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) says that the number of deaths from Cholera got worse because most of the cures were wrong.
- Cholera is caused by drinking dirty water contaminated by urine and fecal matter.
- According to NIH.gov Cholera is contagious and transmitted by drinking dirty water.
- People who are mostly exposed to Cholera are people that live in large cities as well as Healthcare workers and family members.
- Re hydration. The goal is to replace lost fluids and electrolytes using a simple rehydration solution, oral rehydration salts
- Intravenous fluids
- Zinc supplements
- Prevention of Cholera is dependent on access to safe water, adequate sanitation, and basic hygiene needs. The following materials cover the basics of cholera and other diarrhea disease prevention.
The Story of Cholera