Manitou Springs Middle School
December 17th, 2021
Dear Mustang Families,
The middle school staff has many reasons to be thankful. Our students are wonderful, and we get to teach and learn in the most beautiful setting. Teachers are proud of our students' hard work and all of the learning that has taken place this semester. We look forward to having more fun and living out our core values of Relationships, Opportunity, and Deep learning in 2022. On behalf of all staff, we wish your family a happy Winter Break.
Wednesday, 1/5 - Parent Action Committee Meeting (PAC), Manitou Springs High School Media Center, 6:00 - 7:00 PM
Thursday, 1/6 - students return to school (7 period day)
Buy your 2021/2022 yearbook! Books are $45 and can be purchased via cash/check to the front office or by clicking the button below!
Activities, Clubs, and Events
This is our Manitou Middle FLL Challenge Robotics Team! They are one of 3 we had this season and advanced to STATE last Saturday... 1 of 43 in the entire State!
MSMS 1 Team #7887:
- Morgan Lachowicz-Vogt, 8th Grade
- Madison Anderson, 8th Grade
- Greison Follari-Jesperson, 7th Grade
- Jonas Adams, 6th Grade
- Felix Banagle, 6th Grade
This team finished 19th out of 43 teams at State competition for FIRST Lego League Challenge! They also presented their project about transportation problems and their solution to one of those problems!
We are incredibly proud of this team who has been working for over 8 weeks to take part in this day! Great job, Mustangs!
The MSMS Forensics team did really well at their first tournament at Woodland Park Middle School on December 11th. Two students placed in finals, and everyone had fun learning new skills and taking on new challenges! Our next tournament is at Lewis Palmer Middle School on January 22!
New Club: GSTA
There is a new club starting after break at MSMS! The Gender-Sexuality Trans Alliance Club will hold their first meeting on January 12th. See the flyer below for more details!
Sometimes students can run into issues with Canvas. Here are some tips for a couple common issues we run into with Canvas:
- If you are unable to log in to Canvas: feel free to e-mail our Media Tech, Kolt Woofter, at email@example.com, and I can check to make sure you have the correct login or reset the password if needed.
- If you are unable to submit an assignment on canvas: if you are on an iPad, first try using the Canvas webclip. If that doesn't work, delete and redownload the Canvas app. If you are having issues on a laptop, close and reopen the browser, and make sure your computer is up to date.