Back to School Information
Greetings Bulldog Families,
I am so excited to have some updates for you and that we will be able to host our in-person Kindergarten Orientation and School Supply Drop-off! Masks are required for vaccinated and unvaccinated guests, staff, and students (please see policy for medical exemptions).
Teacher Assignments: This year you will receive an email on Monday, August 16 introducing your child’s teacher. Emails will be sent by 3:00 pm.
Transportation - IMPORTANT
If you have not updated your child’s transportation in ParentVue, please do so now! If you do not know how to make that change or need a ParentVUE activation code, please call the office at 739-6265 and we would be happy to help.
Bus - to find your child’s bus number, please click on the Versatrans E-link. If you do not know your child’s student ID number, you can find it in ParentVue under “student info” If your child is a 1st-5th grader, they most likely know their number from logging on to their Chromebook. If you do not see a bus number yet, it is all right. They are still getting children routed. They are working on it!
Kindergarten Orientation - August 18, 2021
Kindergarten Orientation will be split into two sessions:
- Students with the last names beginning with letters A- K will start promptly at 2:00 pm.
- Students with the last names beginning with the letters L - Z will start promptly at 3:00 pm.
We will all start together in the gym and then you will get to head to your kiddo’s classroom to meet the teacher and drop off supplies.
1st - 5th Grade Supply Drop-Off - Wednesday, August 18, 2021
At Supply Drop-Off, please plan to “pop-in” to drop off supplies anytime during the 45 minutes assigned for your last name. You can drop-off supplies, check out your classroom, and fill out the paperwork! We know that parking is always tough, so please don’t feel the need to come right at the beginning. We will be here the whole time, so you can really come anytime during that 45 minutes!
Last names A-H please come anytime between 4:00 - 4:45 PM
Last names I - P please come anytime between 5:00 - 5:45 PM
Last names Q-Z please come anytime between 6:00 - 6:45 PM
If you are unable to attend our in-person supply drop-off, you may drop your students supplies by our main office between the hours of 8:00 - 3:00 PM (Wed./Thurs this week & Monday - Friday week of August 16).
Once students have been routed to buses and we have more information from transportation, I will send out a detailed email explaining parent pick-up, drop-off, how to look up bus routes, how to track the bus, etc. This year, I will be sending my weekly update on Thursday evenings instead of Sundays, so expect that email at 7:00 pm on Thursdays for the 2021-22 school year!
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out at any time! I’m always happy to speak with you. The number for Grange Hall is 804-739-6265 and you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give me 24 hours to respond to email. Enjoy the last week of summer!
Courtney Jones, Principal
Please consider helping us to stock our teacher's lounge fridge and snack cart for back -to-school!
- If you are new to CCPS and need an activation code for ParentVue, please fill out THIS Google Form. Your ParentVue account follows you from school to school and contains information for all of your students who attend CCPS. What we have been finding is that if you are having trouble logging in, a simple password reset is all it takes to get back in. You can do that at ParentVue.ccpsnet.net.
- Please view the link below for instructions to the updated ParentVue link & instructions on how to access your child's information via ParentVue.
First Day of School
- School begins on August 23rd for students in 1st through 5th grade
- Kindergartners with last names that begin with A-K come to school August 23, 24, and 27
- Kindergartners with last names that begin with L-Z come to school August 25, 26, and 27
- Student drop off begins at 8:10 AM.
- Please remember that we encourage your child to ride the bus on the first day so that the bus driver can meet each child at his/her regular bus stop if this will be their normal mode of transportation. This causes less confusion in the afternoon for students, teachers, and bus drivers.
- We dismiss at 3:00 PM.
Medication Drop-Off Schedule
CCPS is working to fill our school nurse vacancy. We will introduce our school nurse to our families once the position is filled.
All prescription medication must have an order. If your child has a health condition such as life threatening allergy, asthma, seizure, diabetes (see note in schedule for diabetes), or any other specific condition that requires accommodations and medications, you must have a healthcare plan on file. All plans can be found on the website: mychesterfieldschools.com
Emergency medications such as epinephrine, inhalers, seizure medications, insulin, etc should be ordered within the healthcare plan.
Daily medications MUST have a written order in addition to the labeled container. Orders must include the specific TIME. Student medication record (SMR Rx) forms can be found on the website: mychesterfieldschools.com
Over-the-counter medication should be unopened. Please do not bring large containers - they will not be accepted. Please label the medicine with your child's last name and first initial.
For all medications and forms - a parent must bring in these items.
Schedule for Medication and Healthcare Plan Drop-Off: Beginning August 16, our clinic will be open to accept medication from 9:00 - 3:00. Please be patient if you bring your medication to the clinic during supply drop-off due to the high volume of traffic.