Commons A Notes #40
Preparing to Plan for Upcoming Planning Meetings
World Language Technology
Next Generation Science Standards
Competency Collecting--Science, Social Studies, and World Languages
A question came up about competencies for "singleton" classes that are taught by only one teacher. Those classes should also be curriculum designed using the UbD format. Please make sure that you start doing this if you are not doing so already. If you need assistance here are some ways to get it.
- Contact me, Chris Herr, or Lise Bofinger to set up a meeting.
- Contact Justin Bourque for help with Drive or other tech. issues.
- Sign up for one or both of the following great conferences.
UbD Conferences with Wiggins and McTighe
- Grant Wiggins in East Hartford, CT. May 13th. Wiggins is a great and inspiring presenter. If you want to be convinced of the importance of using UbD for everything this is the one you should go to. ($156).
- Jay McTighe in Manchester, NH. July 11th. ($169). This conference focuses on performance assessments which is a key next step for all of us to work on.