STRONG. INNOVATIVE. FEARLESS.
Sparkman Middle School
Assistant Principal: Jennifer Whitt- email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Kristen Bell- firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Amanda Lemons- email@example.com
Our plan for continuous improvement at SMS is located on our website. We invite parents to submit comments or suggestions in writing to administration.
April & May Important Dates
- 4/17- Softball @ Monrovia- 4:00 PM, County Tournament
- 4/18- 7th Grade House Party and Kona End of Testing Celebration (All Grades)- Shaved ice will be available for purchase ($3-$6)
- 4/19- Weather Day- No School
- 4/24- Holocaust Skype- 6th Grade
- 4/30- Basketball Banquet- 6PM in the SMS Cafeteria
- 5/4- House of Harvest Hunger Chase 5K, Greenpower Race
- 5/10- Merge Day
- 5/14- Awards Day- 7th @ 9AM, 6th @12PM, 8th @ 1:30 PM, 8th Grade Dance- 6:00-8:00 PM
- 5/15- 6th Grade Fun Day (Kona will be here.)
- 5/16- 7th & 8th Grade Fun Day (Kona will be here.), Spring Band Concert 6:30 PM
- 5/21- 1/2 Day: 3rd, 2nd,1st Period Final Exams (in that order)
- 5/22- 1/2 Day: 4th, 5th, and 6th Period Final Exams (Last Student Day), Sparkman High School Graduation, 2PM
- 5/23- Teacher Work Day
The SMS House System
DRESS CODE FAQ
Shorts & Skirts
Must come past fingertips in length.
Most track shorts are too short to be worn to school.
No bandanas, hats, etc. Hoodies must be removed at all times while in the building.
Make sure your shirt is long enough to cover in the front and back.
Jeans with Holes
No holes above the knee unless the are patched or have solid cloth underneath.
Jackets & Coats
No large or oversized jackets maybe worn inside the building. Remove hoods and head coverings before you enter the building.
Dr. Henry Griggs
Thank you for your continued support of Sparkman Middle School!
1047 Jeff Rd., Suite 3
Huntsville, AL 35806
Sign Up to Round Up
Your pocket change can add up for students in Madison County!! It might be a penny, it might be 25 cents, it might be 99 cents, but it will be no more than $11.88 a year. Sign Up to Round Up!
By rounding up your utility bill to the nearest dollar each month, you help invest in the future of students in Huntsville City, Madison County and Madison City school systems. The Round Up Program was started by The Schools Foundation and Huntsville Utilities to support local public school systems.
Visit this link to sign up and then tell your friends! Talk about an easy way to support education!!
Some links on this page will let you leave the school and school district site. The linked sites are not under the control of the school/district, and the school/district is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The school/district is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by the school/district.
The Madison County School District does not discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to programs or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, religious preference, disability, age, gender, citizenship, non-English speaking ability, or homeless status. Students with disabilities will be provided with the same needed supports and services for extracurricular programs and activities that are provided during the school day, unless doing so would fundamentally alter the nature of the program and activity.