ISP News & Notes
April 7, 2016 - The Spirit Week Edition
Don't Forget! It's Tax Time! - April 18 Deadline
If you earned income in 2015 while working in the US, you must file federal and state tax forms no later than April 18. Learn more.
Questions? Contact ISP at OxISP@emory.edu to schedule an appointment.
Oxford College does not store returning students' personal belongings over the summer. So what do you do?
Option 1. Rent a unit at a self-storage facility.
Often students share a storage unit rental with friends at a local self-storage facility. Unit rental requires a contract, pre-payment, and purchase of a lock to secure the unit door.
Abba Self Storage (UHAUL)
10170 Hazelbrand Rd. NE, Covington, GA 30014
Always Open Storage
8165 Washington St. Southwest, Covington, GA 30014
8165 Washington St. SW, Covington, GA 30014
G & J Mini Storage Inc
1385 Access Rd., Covington, GA 30014
Option 2. Use the UPS Summer Storage Program.
The UPS Summer Storage Program includes pick up from your residence hall door, storage over the summer and return to your door in the fall. Learn more here.
Have questions? Contact us at OxISP@emory.edu or call us at 770-784-8500.
Get your redesigned Form I-20
Request your updated I-20 by coming to the ISP office during regular office hours Monday thru Friday, 9 am - 4:30 pm. We recommend you email OxISP@emory.edu to notify us of the day and time you will be coming so that we can prepare your I-20 in advance. Call us at 770-784-8500.
Learn more about the redesign of the Form I-20 here.
DON'T LEAVE THE U.S. THIS SUMMER WITHOUT AN UPDATED I-20.
End of the Semester Airport Shuttle Service
May 3rd and 4th - 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
Graduating F1 Students - SAVE THE DATE - April 26
- Talk with former Oxford iMentors about their experience on the Atlanta campus, and get their tips and advice.
- Meet Natalie Cruz from the Atlanta Office of International Student Life and representative from the Atlanta Office of International Student & Scholar Services.
- Participate in your Oxford Alum Pinning with Tammy Camfield from the Oxford College Development and Alumni Relations office.
- Let Jennifer and Christine get one last hug from you before you graduate!
Mark the end of your time at Oxford College by participating in the traditions of graduation. Invite your family to share in these special ceremonies.
- Fri., May 6 - Baccalaureate
- Sat., May 7 - Commencement
Learn more about graduation ceremonies and how to register.
What's Coming Up...
Upcoming Important Dates
- April 25 - Last Day of Classes
- April 26 - Reading Day
- May 4, 7 p.m. - Residence halls close for first-year students
- May 7, 10 a.m. - Commencement for 2016 Oxford Graduates
- May 7, 4 p.m. - Residence halls close for graduating students
Honor Council Member Applications - Due April 18
Applications should include:
- A petition with at least 25 student signatures
- A statement explaining why you want to be a member of the Honor Council
- 2 letters of recommendations from faculty members
Emory Global China Connection Annual China Summit - April 9
China Summit provides students with a platform to create and to showcase innovative solutions to China’s contemporary issues, turning them into opportunities for growth. This year the Summit focuses on “ Mobile Payment in China” in case format and asks students to come up with business strategies for American mobile payment companies to enter and survive in Chinese market. Participants will have the opportunity to network with judges from Delta Airlines, InComm Inc’s Payment Strategy development and AONeSolution.
Learn more and register for the event here.