September 2015 Newsletter
- 32 students graduated
- 121 students earned a total of 600+ credits
- Over 90% of students passed their high stakes End of Course exams.
What We're Excited About for 2015-16
Our New Space!
- Expand our enrollment to approximately 160 students! If you know a student who would be a good fit for our program, please refer him/her to Mrs. Dee at 504-410-3280. Interested students are also invited to our 9/2 Open House from 1pm-6pm.
- Add additional extra-curricular programs such as Youth Run NOLA
- Welcome new faculty and staff
We'll host an open house for parents and prospective students Wednesday, September 2nd, from 1pm - 6pm so that you can tour the new space and meet the newest members of our team!
The JCFA-East Community Garden
The Seed Change grant is made possible by a generous grant from the Walmart Foundation, which shares the National Farm to School Network's Committment to improving child and community health through innovative partnerships.
Improved Parent Input/Engagement
After graduating from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with her Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Ms. Taylor Rusich completed a Master’s in Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling at Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Upon graduation Ms. Rusich began working for Communities in Schools of Greater New Orleans, a nonprofit that focuses on working hand and hand with the schools, communities, and families to surround students with a caring and supportive network to help them stay in school and achieve their goals. Ms. Rusich is passionate about CIS and is dedicated to carrying out this mission at JCFA-East. Ms. Rusich has experience working with a wide range of students and she has fallen in love with helping to find what inspires and motivates them to reach their potential.
Mr. Joe Murphy joins us as the Communities in Schools of Greater New Orleans Americorps Volunteer for JCFA East this school year. Mr. Murphy hails from Durham, NC and is a graduate of UNC-Greensboro. Though Mr. Murphy loves the food and music cultures in New Orleans, he will always be a Panthers fan.
- October 1st - Deadline for new student enrollment