Seven Hills Elementary News
A Home-School Connection
May 28, 2018
Help Support a Former Seven Hills Star and the NHS DI Team!
You're Invited to a Retirement Celebration Honoring Lecia Green!
End of Year Awards and Party Schedules:
- Kindergarten Graduation: Thursday, May 31 at 8:15 am
- 1st Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 9:00 am
- 2nd Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 10:00 am
- 3rd Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 8:00 am
- 4th Grade: Wednesday, May 30 at 11:00 am
- 5th Grade Celebration and Awards: Thursday, May 31 at 6:00 pm
End of Year Parties:
- All End of Year Parties will be Thursday, May 31 from 9:45 - 10:45 am.
Tuesday, May 29 is Seven Hills Day at Main Event!
Thank You Coach Grounds for a Fabulous Field Day!
A BIG Thank You to the Martin and Payne Families for Donating the Water Slide, and to the Newark Fire Department for Filling the Slide and Setting Up a Cooling Station! Way to Synergize!
Free Breakfast and Lunch Available at Seven Hills This Summer:
We Had a GREAT Time at the Speeding to Read Championship Assembly!
2018 -2019 Returning Student Registration:
Through PowerSchool, most information for returning students will already appear filled out based on existing records. Parents and guardians will just need to verify or update existing information and provide proof of residency. For parents and guardians of returning students, this proof of residency can be submitted either online, at one of the summer central registration days (seen in the chart below) or at a student's campus.
Examples of accepted proof of residency documents include a current utility bill (not a phone bill), lease or closing papers (for 30 days until a utility bill is available). If living with a friend or relative within Northwest ISD, an affidavit must be completed, notarized and provided to the school's front office along with a current utility bill.
Enrollment for students new to the district is currently ongoing. New student enrollment will remain open throughout the school year.
Online enrollment should be completed no later than Tuesday, Aug. 21, to ensure all information has been processed and schedules can be completed by the first day of school. Northwest ISD's 2018-19 school year begins Monday, Aug. 27.
In partnership with the Northwest ISD Council of PTAs, three registration events will be held for students in each high school zone (Steele Accelerated High School students can attend any of the three events). These events will assist with enrollment, and students can also receive immunization shots. Families of students who are new to the district are strongly encouraged to attend one of these events.
Gone are the days of filling out dozens of registration forms by hand at the start of the school year. Northwest ISD has made going back to school easier for returning and new-to-district families with online registration. Parents will now complete required forms online.
Please note, a child should be enrolled by a parent, guardian or a person with control under a court order. For more information, contact your child's campus.
To begin the student registration process for the 2018-2019 school year, please go to the district website at: http://www.nisdtx.org/cms/one.aspx?pageId=291457
Thank you PTA, Parents, and Michelle Holsworth for An Amazing Teacher Appreciation Week!
Campus Information and Reminders:
- End of Year Envelope: All students will receive an envelope on the last day of school containing the final report card, school supply lists, summer activity information, important dates for the summer, and much more!
- Office Pick Up: The front office is small and cannot accommodate office pick ups at dismissal. The congestion in the front office and the student transitions decreases the safety and efficiency of our dismissal procedures. Please use the car rider line for afternoon dismissal. Thank you for your help in ensuring everyone gets home safely.
- MEDICATION PICK UP: All medications must be picked up from the nurse before the last day of school. Please make arrangements with the school nurse to pick up any medications in the clinic.
- LOST AND FOUND: Please check the Lost and Found before the last day of school. Any items left will be donated.
Mrs. Wallis is collecting a few items for Summer Science Blastoff and could really use your help! She will be collecting through the end of the school year in order to gather enough materials for the entire camp. A collection box will be placed outside the GATES classroom door.
- Clean 2 liter bottles
- Clean Small water or Gatorade bottles
- Empty tissue boxes
- School Doors Open and Staff Are On Duty at 7:20 am: Please remember that students should not be dropped off at school before the doors open and staff are on duty at 7:20 am.
Save the Date:
Memorial Day School Holiday:
- Monday, May 28
Bump Up Day:
- Tuesday, May 29
1st - 4th Grade End of Year Awards Assemblies:
- Wednesday, May 30 (times posted above)
End of Year Parties:
- Thursday, May 31 9:45 - 10:45 am
- Thursday, May 31, 8:15 am
5th Grade Celebration:
- Thursday, May 31, 6:00 pm
Early Release Days:
- Thursday, May 31; 11:40 am
- Friday, June 1; 11:40 am
Last Day of School:
- Friday, June 1 (Important information sent home in "Last Day" envelope)
5th Grade Clap Out:
- Friday, June 1 at 11:15 (parents and guests may watch in the cafeteria)
- See What’s Going on in Our Communities: As a service to our families, the district provides the Community Folder for non-school groups or organizations to post information that may be of interest or a benefit to students and families. Click here to see approved flyers.