Hope Valley School WEEKLY UPDATE
Friday, October 2, 2020
Calendar of Events
10/5 - SIT Meeting at 4:00 pm (Virtual) - agenda is on the school webpage
10/12 - Columbus Day - No School
10/19 - Virtual Learning for All - State Professional Development Day for all staff
10/19 - SIT Meeting (Virtual)
10/23 - Mid-Trimester Report Cards are Issued
11/3 - Election Day - No School
11/5 - School Picture Day (more Information to be coming home soon)
11/9 - PTO Meeting at 6:30pm (Virtual)
11/11 - Veteran's Day - No School
11/16 - Virtual Learning for All - State Professional Development Day for all staff
1125-11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
PTO Meeting (Virtual) > 10/5/2020
Monday, Oct. 5th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
Message from Mr. G
Week 3 is in the books and it was another very good week in school and at distance learning. A few important updates:
- Most families are doing a great job completing the daily attestation self-check. We have some that are forgetting to complete this form. Here is a suggestion: copy the link and add it to the calendar in your phone as a daily recurring event. This can also be found on our website. See the information directly below.
- Arrival and dismissal has been going very well. We have a lot of families dropping off in the morning and picking up in the afternoon. As a reminder, the drop off is between 8:25-8:35. Pick up starts at 3:15. Pre-school pick-up starts at 3:00, so I am asking my K-4 families to not get to school too early.
- Lunch and recess is also going well. There are 4 classes outside at a time but each class has separate locations. Each class has their own staff member which has been working very well.
DAILY SELF-CHECK TIP
Parents and Guardians: As a reminder you must use the parent account for the daily self-check. Click Here for more details. You can now find the link for the daily self-check on the Hope Valley School website.
As a reminder, all in person learners must have a daily check completed every day prior to leaving the house. Any student who is distance learning but receives services at school will also need the daily self-check completed.
Online Parent Support/Open Forum
I received this information from a colleague and friend at URI. She will provide general support to parents who are parenting children in the early childhood years. We will answer questions, offer resources, suggest guidance and discipline strategies, bring up topics, summarize competing opinions, discuss COVID-19 regulations, etc. Please click on the attached for more information and scheduled meeting dates.
Host: Phyllis Penhallow, MS, Certified Family Life Educator, University of Rhode Island
Information for Families
- COMPLETE THE ATTESTATION SELF-CHECK EVERY MORNING BEFORE YOUR CHILD COMES TO SCHOOL. HERE IS THE LINK AGAIN: https://ps.chariho.k12.ri.us/public/
- PLEASE BE SURE YOUR CHILD'S DEVICE IS COMING INTO SCHOOL CHARGED EACH AND EVERY DAY.
- Some parents are requesting that their child transition to distance learning for a day when things are busy, such as when their child has medical appointments. Teachers will only be transitioning students when they 1) have possible Covid Symptoms, 2) are in covid related quarantine, or 3) have approval from the Principal. If your child is home with covid symptoms, it is your choice whether they participate from home. Keep in mind that we want them to feel better and they will have very limited items at home. Please communicate your decision with your child's teacher. If your child has a medical appointment, we ask that they still come to school and leave for their scheduled appointment. They are also encouraged to return to school after the appointment so they miss less instruction in the classroom.
- Please ensure your child has a water bottle with them every day. Remember, the water bubblers are inactive, so it is important that students have water bottles.
- If your child has inexpensive headphones or ear buds, please have him/her bring them to school. Please do not have them bring in expensive ones in case they get misplaced or lost.
- As the weather gets cooler, please be sure to dress your child in layers. Please remember that windows will be open for fresh air. Also, PE will likely be outdoors unless inclement weather and teachers will continue to bring students outdoors. Lastly, buses will have windows open to circulate the air all year long. So, dressing appropriately will be important to keep your child comfortable.
- As a reminder, student masks must meet the CDC guidelines. It is a good idea if students have a back-up mask in their back pack just in case.
REMINDER: Our entire school is Peanut & Tree Nut free
Social Media Outlets
About Hope Valley Elementary School
The mission of the Hope Valley Elementary School is to work in partnership with our colleagues, students and families. We are committed to creating a learning environment where children are expected to achieve their full potential.