TVUSD Community Update
Friday, April 23, 2021
Dear TVUSD Families & Staff,
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, the Governing Board met in a regularly scheduled meeting for routine business and received the COVID-19 Status Report. I want to thank the parents and staff who came to the meeting and addressed the Board, as well as those who have sent emails or other communications. I want to assure you that all input is received, reviewed, and appreciated. While we may not be in the position yet to make changes to our programs, please know that we are actively working with RCPH, CDPH, and our staff to ensure we are offering as much as we can to our students and families.
We provided a detailed summary during the COVID-19 Status Report on Tuesday evening and are including the video section below for your reference. I believe it will answer many questions, address rumors, and help everyone know what we're working on.
The video segment will provide answers to:
- How are the current models going?
- What will the fall look like?
- Is it true that districts around us are opening full-time?
- Are we trying to re-open even more, given the relaxing of the 6’ social distancing requirement to 3’?
- Where are we at with disinfecting?
- Where are we at with Plexiglas?
- What are the next steps?
I sincerely appreciate the continued efforts and support of our staff, students, and families as we continue to navigate the pandemic and end of the school year. Our sites are gearing up and planning for traditional, yet modified, promotion and graduation events. Just yesterday, we released a notice to our graduating senior students and families that TVUSD has been able to increase the number of in-person spectators for each graduate.
Please know that we are 100% committed to opening our schools full-time and in person in the fall while also providing options for virtual learning. We also remain committed to the negotiation process to expand on-campus offerings through the end of the current school year.
Jodi McClay, Ed.D.
Board Actions From The Meeting
During the regular meeting, the Board also approved the following items that will have beneficial, long-lasting, and sustainable positive effects for our students and staff. These include:
- Increase in substitute teacher pay
- New textbooks for Spanish and American Sign Language
- Job descriptions for the new TK-8 Home INstead Academy
- Job description for an Equity Coordinator
- Job description for a Director of Safety and Security
- Funding for technology and deferred maintenance