Monday, January 11, 2016
Staff Development this week - Monday & Thursday
Location: Staff Development Trailer
Staff Preference Form
- We believe all students can learn and we will accept the responsibility for ensuring student growth.
- We believe all students can learn and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve.
- We are prepared and have a plan for working collaboratively with our colleagues, students, parents, and administration to achieve this shared educational purpose.
- We are confident that with teacher support and help students can master challenging curricula and we expect them to do so.
- We believe it is our responsibility to question our current teaching practices, believe in research based strategies, believe that beginning with the end in mind establishes meaningful learning opportunities aligned to assessment in order to meet the needs of each individual student in our school.
- We believe building authentic relationships with students and parents is key to educational success and we are committed to the process of building relationships with what we can our “unmotivated” students.
This week during Tech Thursday you will learn much more about this topic- how to communicate with parents about cyber days, receive actual scripts to include on your course page, in class newsletters, etc. and directions from your end of the computer. Go ahead and write down questions that come to your mind & bring them with you to Tech Thursday. It is our goal to answer all your questions through our presentation and work.
FYI- 3 inclement weather days have been built in to our current school calendar. Cyber Days will take effect should we miss a 4th day and so on.
Inclement Weather Make Up Day #1- Monday, February 15
Inclement Weather Make Up Day #2- Friday, March 11
Inclement Weather Make Up Day #2- Friday, April 1