August 31, 2020
Senior Parent Meeting, Monday, Aug. 31, 5:30
Congratulations to our new Health Careers Club Officers!
Ms. Dunn's Health Careers Club officers for 2020-2021 are...
President- Jayden Pickett
Vice President - Angel Sainz
Treasurer- Gustavo Rojas
Secretary - Adriana Galano
Event Coordinator - Cynova Laney
Lady Leopard Volleyball in action
Students order letter jackets
Never too hot for Leopard Tennis
Gainesville ISD Policy regarding when a student can return to school after having had a fever has changed. The policy now requires a student with a temp. of 100.0 or greater to stay home from school for 72 hours. This is a district policy so students will be required to remain home for 72 hours even with a doctor’s note.
According to Gainesville ISD policy if your child has fever or is sent home from school with fever, the child must be fever free without medication for 72 hours (3 days) before returning to school.
GISD recognizes that on occasion a student will exhibit symptoms of a contagious illness. In compliance with Texas Department of State Health Services guidelines, a student with any of the following symptoms must be excluded from school. A student may return to school when the student:
A. Is free of the symptoms
B. Has been satisfactorily treated
C. Submits a signed physician’s statement that he/she is not contagious
Your child was excluded today for the reason circled below:
1) Temperature of 100. degrees or higher (must be fever free without medication for 72 hours prior to returning to school)
2) Undetermined rash over any part of the body
3) Undiagnosed scaly patches on the body/scalp
4) Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea (children with any diarrheal illness should be excluded from school until they are diarrhea free for 24 hours without the use of diarrhea suppressing medication)
5) Red, draining eyes (Conjunctivitis, bacterial and/or viral: exclude until physician permission to return or until symptom free)
6) Intense itching with signs/symptoms of secondary infection
7) Open draining lesions
9) Other as deemed necessary by nurse
10) Covid-19 symptom – follow GISD Covid -19 map and/or return with physician note
Athletic Game Ticket Guidelines
With the health and safety of our students, staff, and community in mind – and in accordance with the state’s mass gathering regulations and recently issued UIL protocols – GISD Athletics is having to make ticketing adjustments this fall.
This year, in accordance with suggested UIL guidelines, tickets for all athletic events will be sold online only – no tickets will be sold at the gate. Every spectator must purchase their online tickets prior to the event, and all tickets will be general admission with first-come, first-serve seating.
To purchase tickets, go to the GISD webpage at www.gainesvilleisd.org, then chick click the "Athletics" tab.
GHS Bell Schedule
GHS Bell Schedule
1st Period 8:10- 8:57
2nd Period 9:02- 9:49
3rd Period 9:54- 10:49
4th Period 10:54- 11:41
A Lunch 11:41-12:11 12:16-1:21
B Lunch 12:16-12:46 11:46- 12:16 12:51-1:21
C Lunch 12:51-1:21 11:46- 12:51
6th Period 1:26- 2:14
7th Period 2:19- 3:07
8th Period 3:12- 4:00
This week's events
Senior Parent Meeting, 5:30, GHS Library
Tuesday, Aug. 25
Volleyball @ S&S
Thursday, Aug. 27
Tennis vs. Carrollton Ranchview
JV Football vs. Vernon
Friday, Aug. 28
Volleyball vs. Sam Rayburn, 5:00
Football @ Vernon 7:30
Saturday, Aug. 29
XC @ S&S