CHES FALCON FOCUS
February 26, 2016
Faculty and staff are responsible for the content of this newsletter.
To report an unplanned absence, call Dr. Cunningham @ 624-9994 or Mrs. Thornton @ 980-5770.
FINAL COURTESY REMINDER
Mary Jon Hadley
PARKING LOT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
- Does 3rd-5th get a 4th nine weeks planning day?
No. We have provided PD time and will also have some time on March 1. No worries!
- United Way jean coupon is for Monday, Feb. 29th. Isn’t that already a jeans day for Read Across America?
No, it is not a jeans day for Read Across America. Monday is casual day for everyone that has a United Way coupon. Remember to tape your coupon to my door. it is also crazy socks day. The remainder of the week is not casual. You can participate without wearing jeans.
- For TNReady, are test dividers allowed? Do we still have access to scrap paper?
Scrap paper has always been permitted. It can be lined, graph or white.
Good questions this week! Hope this helps to clarify for everyone.
- Election Day!
- Staff Development Day. Wear a CHES shirt. There will be lots of people in the building. Lunch will be on your own. Remember, do not park in front of the building and avoid walking through the front lobby as much as possible.
- Dr. Seuss' Birthday
- Hat Day
- Kindergarten Field Trip
- Favorite Color Day
- Family Read Night 5:00-6:00 in library
- Spring Pictures: Everyone report to the gym at 7:50. Please wear this year's CHES shirt.
MRS. KAY RYE
Hometown: Born and raised in Enterprise, Alabama
Family: Married to husband Will Rye; 3 children – Logan, 21 in the US Marine Corps; Garrett, 14; Joshua, 11
- What is your favorite family vacation? Several family vacations to Panama City Beach, FL & Gatlinburg
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? Alabama football. ROLL TIDE!
- Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? Mow the lawn – it is therapeutic.
- If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? Cooking! I’m really good at getting food well done!
- If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? I would go back to give Eve a Hershey bar instead of that apple!