Middle School Science Teacher
Description & duties
*Develop lesson plans and teaching outlines using the district’s adopted course of
study and instructional program guidelines.
* Teach using various methodologies, including lectures, demonstrations, and
* Plan a verity of materials appropriate for the lesson plan
* Provide group and individual instruction to motivate students to get there work done in the amount of time given
* Prepare, score, and record the students tests
* Score, and record the results of group test/project
* Communicate with parents and school/district
* Perform instructional activities.
1: Being a Teacher Can Be Stressful
Teaching is very stressful! I would need to have good work habits, a healthy attitude, and the lots of motivation to succeed. Not only that i would have to worry about the parents too.
2: Physical Strain on Your Body
Teachers naturally spend a lot of time standing, and this can be hard on my body over time. This may sound like a minor problem, but it can wear on my body over time.
3: Intense Work Cycles
As a teacher, there are certain times of the year when my job is much more intense, like during the first few weeks of school, when I am working to set up my classroom. Also the weeks just before report cards come out are also very intense.
4: Having an Endless "To Do" List
Another working condition for teachers that may be under-recognized is the fact that my "To Do" list is rarely complete. There is always something for me to do.
5: The "Work Hours" are Misleading
Finally, the idea that teachers work minimal hours is misleading. Most teachers work a lot longer the actual school day, and spend a lot of their evenings, weekends, and even summers planning lessons, grading papers, and talking to parents.
*I would be at my school at 8:00 am-3:35 pm
* Over school breaks for example Thanksgiving break, Christmas break, and summer break
*monthly salary is about $3,894
Classes I Would Have to Take
Some classes i would have to take in high school would be...
* Physical science
I would need a four year Bachelors degree to be a middle school science teacher. I would also need my teachers licence.
Why Do I Want This Job?
* Another reason I would like to teach is because I like being in charge of a group of people better than others being in charge of me.
* The last reason that I would love to teach middle school science is because I love helping children learn in a fun and educational way.