4K A.M. Class
May 16, 2016
Last Week...May 9th-12th
- In the sensory table, the children got to look at different plastic bugs. They sorted them and decided if each one was considered an insect.
- The children got to play the game Ants In The Pants. They did a nice job with taking turns. Take some time to play games together.
- The children got a chance to draw/write about anything they wanted to. After I take a look at their last drawing/writing piece as an assessment, I will send home all of their stories for you to keep.
- If you were a bug...would you choose to crawl or fly? We asked this question and made a graph. Almost everyone wanted to fly.
Upcoming Dates & Important Information...
- Monday, May 30th No School-Memorial Day
- The Book Fair will be at Red Smith May 31st-June 6th. It is a Buy 1 Get 1 event.
- Tuesday, May 31st Miss Lois will be coming to read to the children.
- Pals scores will be sent home in your child's 4K folder on the last day of school-June 7th. Report cards will be mailed to your home.
- Monday, June 6th will be the 4K picnic. It will start at 10:45 at the Splash Pad Park. Please let me know if you will be able to attend. All families members (grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc.) are welcome.
- Tuesday, June 7th-Last day of school
This Week...May 16th-19th
The Very Hungry Caterpillar By: Eric Carle https://youtu.be/vkYmvxP0AJI
The Butterfly By: Anna Milbourne https://youtu.be/qIhRYxgsTp4
Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Caterpillars By: Debbie Tarbett https://youtu.be/URiDmE6XJ_w
Clara Caterpillar By: Pamela Duncan Edwards
- We will be doing caterpillar measuring, finger painting, butterfly symmetry, and caterpillar addition.
- We will be sorting letters and numbers, writing the alphabet, and rhyming words.
- Hopefully, we will get to go outside and do some obstacle courses on the play equipment.