Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of May 2, 2016
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!
- Monday- a treat in your box
- Tuesday- snacks at the faculty meeting
- Wednesday- McDonald's breakfast biscuit with OJ and/or coffee
- Thursday- a treat in your box
- Friday- duty free lunch with lunch provided by PTO
In addition to what we're doing here the are also some things happening around the community on Tuesday, May 3...
- PDQ- free combo meal with teacher ID
- Chick-fil-a- free chicken biscuit/sandwich with teacher ID
- Chipotle- BOGO burrito, salad, bowl or taco with teacher ID
Dr. Carrie Tulbert, Principal at Concord Middle School shared this article, "11 Reasons Teaching Is the Best (Even When It Isn't), that I thought was a great read. I can't put into words how lucky I feel to work with such am amazing staff!
- We had a good turnout at our STEM information sessions last week. Carmen Money put this video together. It's about 7 minutes but has a variety of pictures of your kids throughout the year. Thank you Carmen!
- Please make sure that you send all absence excuse notes to Tess the day that you receive them.
- This will be the last week for any staff lunch charges. Please make sure that you pay your balance to the cafeteria.
- Do you and your students know what to do in the event of a blackout drill? You may want to make sure you know by the beginning of the week.
- Food Lion math night is this Tuesday, May 3 from 5:00-7:00. Thank you to Jana for organizing!
- Our staff kickball game vs Concord PD will be this Thursday, May 5. The game will be played at Gibson Park and will start at 6:00. As of right now we only have 5 people signed up to play! If you or your spouse/significant other can play please fill out this form.
- The Locks of Love event will be this Friday, May 6 at 2:00 in the gym. It should only last about 15-20 minutes and classes are welcome to come and watch if you would like.
- The Cabarrus County Reading All-Star Rewards Night at the Intimidators baseball game is this Friday, May 6 at 7:05. Discounted tickets can be purchased for $3.00 for parents, siblings, guests and staff by visiting this website.
- Susanne has placed a sheet in the media center to sign up for your class bookfair walkthrough. Make sure you stop by and sign up!
- The last day for students to check out items from the media center will be Thursday, May 12.
- At the end of the school year each school has to submit any service learning hours that occurred during the school year. This could be something that was done school wide, as a class or even individual. If you have any students or one of your classes that has hours to enter please use this link to submit the information. We will be collecting this information through June 8. Please see Jenny Byrd or me if you have any questions.
Safe Schools Training
- Click on this link.
- Log in using your Timekeeper ID (The first number you use to log into Timekeeper)
- Click on the blue box that says “View More Courses”
- Go to the blue bar that says “Environmental” and click on the course “Back Injury & Lifting”.
- Click on “Full Course” and then "Accept" to be registered for the course.
- Watch all videos and take the quiz (10 True-False questions and you must get 8 correct to pass). You may take as many quiz sessions as needed to pass)
Mark your calendar
- 5/3- Walk & Roll to School @ 7:30 in the parking area on Union St.; Faculty meeting after school in the media center; Grant team meeting after the faculty meeting in the media cetner; Food Lion Math night 5:00-7:00
- 5/5- Progress reports go home; Kickball game vs. Concord PD @ 6:00 @ Gibson Park
- 5/6- Locks of Love @ 2:00 in the gym; Reading Allstar Rewards Night @ the Intimidators baseball game @ 7:05
- 5/10- Canvas PD after school in the media center
- 5/12- Last day for students to check out items from the media center; Alice in Wonderland performance @ 6:30
- 5/17- EOG testing training after school in the media center; Book fair walkthrough for teachers
- 5/18-5/24- Spring book fair
- 5/19- Premier Jewelry fundraiser 4:30-6:00; Spring musical @ 6:30
- 5/23- Extended book fair hours 4:00-6:00; Meet the author night where students will share their published books 6:15-7:30
- 5/24- SIT meeting after school in the media center
- 5/25- 3rd/5th grade readingEOG; 4th grade math EOG
- 5/26- 3rd/5th grade math EOG; 4th grade reading EOG
- 5/31- Baby shower for Megan Carpenter after school in the media center
- 6/1- 3rd grade Read to Achieve assessment; 5th grade science EOG
- 6/2- Field day (K-2 8:45-10:45; 3-5 11:45-1:45); Library summer reading information presentations during the time you are not at field day *Time specific schedules coming soon!
- 6/3- Grades due to Tess; Field day rain date; 4th quarter PBIS celebration
- 6/6- Michael Eury local author assembly @ 1:45 in the gym
- 6/7- 5th grade graduation
- 6/8- Early release day; Last day of school; Report cards go home; Staff luncheon provided by PTO
- 6/9-6/10- Teacher workdays
Happy May Birthday!
- 5/3- Susan Bethune