The Holocaust: Italy World WarII
How it all started!
Describe how WWII started!
- World WarII had been started from the frustration from WWI.
- Italians wanted Benito Mussolini to be their Prime Minister.
- Mussolini wanted to turn Italy into a dictatorship, and then Italy invaded the African nation of Ethiopia.
Shoes Taken From Prisoners
Shoes from the prisoners.
Bunks that the people sleep on in the camps.
U.S. Soldiers lined up.
Identify how the Holocaust started!
- Adolf Hitler led the Nazi's Party, and killed people who didn't fit his criteria.
- This group of people consists of:
- Roma, Sinti (travelers), mentally or physically disabled people,homosexuals, communists, labor unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Poles, Russians, and other people against Nazi regime.
- They wanted to kill all the Jews in Europe! :(
Tell me how Italy became a part of WWII.
- Italy had been brought into WWII by Benito Mussolini (a former socialist).
- Mussolini's military & fascists leaders wanted more land and power, and Germany wanted to regain national pride after what happened in WWI.
- By the mid-1943's Allied forces of the U.S. and Great Britain had began to occupy Italian territory.
Enjoy the video:)
Remembering the Holocaust
Adams, Simon. "Introduction-The Death Toll." Holocaust. Mankato, MN: Sea-to-Sea Publications, 2009. N. page. Print
Corrigan, Jim. Causes of World War II. Stockton, NJ: OTTN Pub., 2005. N. pag. Print.
"Historical Context: Catch-22." EXPLORING Novels. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Student Resources In Context. Web. 1 May 2013.
Connolly, Sean. World War II. Chicago, IL: Heinemann Library, 2003. Print
"Video: Remembering the Holocaust." Local Broadcast Video Content 19 Apr. 2010.Student Resources In Context. Web. 3 May 2013.
From share drive