BHS Tiger News
Week of April 17, 2022 - Testing Week continues!
Belleville High School
Greetings BHS Families, and Happy Easter Sunday! This is Week #12 of Semester 2, and we continue Spring State Testing with the 9th graders tomorrow (Monday) and the M-Step tests for Science and Social Studies for 11th graders on Tuesday and Wednesday. This is our students’ opportunity to find out where they stand with respect to grade-level content.
Once again, please make sure that students are:
ON TIME - this is a standardized test environment. Once roll call has been taken, students may no longer enter the testing area.
RESTED AND PREPARED (with breakfast, at least one #2 pencil and their own calculator if they have one)..
For more detailed information for each testing day, please see the Counseling Corner Section below.
Tiger Drama presents: SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL
It's FINALLY here! Tiger Drama's presentation SEUSSICAL the Musical is this weekend - this Friday & Saturday @ 7pm; Sunday, April 24th @ 12pm. Our students, directors, designers, and set builders have worked diligently to bring a fantastic display of art and talent. Tickets are $10 - Don't miss it!!
DONATE TO DRAMA
Are you a friend of theater or musicals in particular? Please consider DONATING to the Tiger Drama productions! Your gifts help pay for props, costumes, and all the additional support required to pull off these magnificent and entertaining performances. Donated funds help defray fundraising requirements. Please consider giving today! https://parent.payschools.com/setprice.asp?pid=4160F184A0DE46BBA614D1DDD5357744&rtn=
DAILY ATTENDANCE: Reporting Absences
Parents and guardians, please be sure your student finishes this school year strong with excellent daily attendance! Missing only one day of school can put a student behind for up to 3 days. If students will be absent for any reason, please remember to REPORT their absence either online in ParentConnect (24 hour access), or by calling the Main Office.
Important Dates and Upcoming Events:
April 18th - April 20th: Spring TESTING (See Counseling Section for Testing Info)
April 20th: Tiger SENIOR Parent Meeting, 6:30pm in the Commons
April 22nd-24th: Tiger Drama presents Seussical the Musical this Friday & Saturday @ 7pm and Sunday @ Noon.
April 26th-28th: Testing Make-Up Window, MUST register with Counseling
April 29th: Distinguished Graduate and NHS (National Honor Society) Induction Ceremony (evening event)
Have a beautiful week everyone, and GO TIGERS!
~ Principal Crockett, AP Mrs. Green, AP Mr. Roberson, AP Mr. Wright, BNT Director Mr. Wilsey, and AD Mr. Brodie
Spring Sports are in Full Swing!
BHS Spring Sports have begun! Please visit the Athletics page on our website for up to date information for all programs.
- Boys Baseball
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Softball
- Girls Tennis
- Boys and Girls Track
Student Council and SENIOR CLASS Information
The Tiger Parent and Senior Parent meeting will be in person on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Media Center at Belleville High School. At this meeting we will be discussing and planning upcoming events and activities for the remainder of the school year.
- Spring Senior shirts, that have the names of all of the Class of 2022 Seniors listed on the back, are available for purchase NOW through PaySchools until April 11, 2022. Please complete this google form to indicate shirt option, size and verify spelling of name on the back of the shirt.
- Class of 2023 (CURRENT JUNIORS) Senior Status shirts are now available to purchase. Please complete this google form to indicate shirt size. Shirts can be purchased only through PaySchools. (If you purchased a Junior package at the beginning of the school year, the Senior Status shirt was included).
- Senior yard signs will be available for pickup on Wednesday, April 20, 2022.
- Senior Class of 2022 Prom will be held on Friday, May 20, 2022 from 7:00 p.m. till 11:00 p.m. at Laurel Manor in Livonia, Michigan. Tickets sales have ended.
- Senior Party will be held on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at High Velocity beginning at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20.00 and are available NOW through PaySchools until May 13, 2022.
- See the Class of 2022 link for updates on upcoming events including fundraisers, senior parent meetings, prom and senior party.
- Last week, the Class of 2022 Informational Packet was formally introduced to the Senior Class. This Packet contains EVERYTHING that Seniors need and need to know for the remainder of the school year. Please be sure to frequent it for any updates. This packet includes information for the:
- Class of 2022 Town Banners: The Class of 2022 has an opportunity to have a banner with their BHS senior picture and name displayed in downtown Belleville in honor of their graduation. Banners will be on display from May through July. Don't delay!!! Parents, please use the link below to fill out the Google Form: 2022 Senior Banner
- Thursday, May 5, 2022 is the Tuff Puff Volleyball game from 6:30 p.m. till 8:30 p.m. in the main gym. Admission is $5.00 with proceeds benefiting the Junior Class of 2023 and the Volleyball team.
From the Counseling Team - Happy Easter!
SPRING TESTING -
Please Select the Proper Letter for Your Student's Grade
(as listed in MiStar/Parent Connect)
For 9th Grade Students:
Tomorrow Monday, April 18th is the PSAT 9 (7am check-in located in the athletic hallway) Parent letter
Attention Parents and Guardians, if your student missed any test for any reason, the make-up window is very limited. Please be sure to use the link below right away to schedule your student for make-ups. Please submit by Friday, April 22nd.
- Tuesday, April 26th - Make-up SAT
- Wednesday, April 27th - Make-up PSAT 10
- Thursday, April 28 - Make up ACT Workkeys
11th Grade M-STEP TESTING
(Testing for 11th Grade Science and Social Studies)
Please have your child watch: M-Step student tutorial
IMPORTANT: Students will need their chromebooks charged and ready to go on their day of M-Step Testing. If you aren’t using a BHS chromebook please indicate HERE so we can provide you with one on your test day.
- Tuesday, April 19th and 20th: Science (In-school Science classroom)
- Wednesday, April 20th: Social Studies (In school Social Studies classroom)
ALTERNATIVE M-STEP DATES (for virtual students)
- Monday, April 25th: Science and Social Studies ECA and WDF students (Media Center 7am -11:30am or when complete)
- Monday, May 2nd: BOS students last names A-H (Media Center 7am-11:30)
- Tuesday, May 3rd: BOS students last names J-P (Media Center 7am-11:30am)
- Wednesday, May 4th: BOS students last names R-Y (Media Center 7am-11:30am)
Thinking Ahead - Class of 2023
College Board - Real Talk: Paying for College Edition (Spring 2022) April 20th and 21st
Attention Seniors! Bold Construction will visit BHS on Thursday, April 21st during the 3rd hour. A representative from Bold Construction will be discussing summer employment and apprenticeship opportunities. Please click on the link below if you would like to attend this event.
9th-11th Grade BHS Young Ladies: The Inkster Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta would like to invite all 2022-2023 high school girls to participate in the Delta G.E.M.S program. Delta G.E.M.S is a youth program dedicated to providing opportunities for young ladies in Western Wayne County to make positive impacts on their communities and plan for successful transitions from high school to college. Please visit www.inksterdeltas.org for more information. Applications are due by May 1, 2022.
Construction Apprenticeships: A virtual information Hour- May 11th at 6pm
LTM - LiUNA Training of Michigan Virtual Construction Apprenticeship Session. Click HERE to register.
Smith Group Exploring Post- Smith Group Exploring Post program is designed to give high school students the opportunity to “explore '' architectural and engineering professions while participating in hands-on activities alongside professional architects and engineers within Smith Group. Take a look at the upcoming In-person Workshop Schedule. For more information and to register, click here
5/10 Electrical Engineering & Lighting Design
5/18 Mechanical & Plumbing Engineering
New scholarships were added to our scholarship page this week! Please click on the link below to see new scholarship opportunities.
Here are a few scholarships with approaching deadlines. All scholarships can be found on our scholarships page. Click on the link above. Apply today!
- Van Buren Community Soccer Association Scholarship- 4/20/22
- Van Buren Association of School Administrators Scholarship- 4/22/22
- Belleville Fire Auxiliary Scholarship- 4/30/22
- The Donovan Xavier Baker Scholarship- 4/30/22
- EQUIPPED Scholarship- 4/30/22
- John Alden Clark and Marie Mountain Clark Scholarship- 5/1/22
- Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships- 6/30/22