The Inca Empire Brochure
By: Cameron Black
2. Their whole empire basically expanded across The Andes Mountains.
Daily Life Aspects
2. The city of Cuzco, was the center of the Incas, and which was located in a valley high in the mountains in southern Peru.
3. According to one Inca legend, the people were descended from Inti, the sun god. Inti commanded his son, Manco Capac, to rise out of the waters of Lake Titicaca. Manco Capac then founded the Inca tribe.
4. Inca official used the roads to travel throughout the empire. They had to travel through tropical jungles, high mountains, and raging rivers.
5. Inca society was based on a strictly organized class structure. There were three broad classes: the emperor and his immediate family, nobles, and commoners.
6. Young men and women remained at home until they married. Unlike the emperor and the nobility, male commoners married only one wife. Young men married in their early 20's, and while girls could marry at 16.