June 21st, 2022
On the eve of our final school day of this 2021/2022 school year, we want to both thank you and congratulate you on the many successes of these past nine (plus) months. There was plenty of uncertainty baked into this school year but together, we have found our way forward. In doing so, we have worked to craft a foundation of consistency and predictability to build upon in the coming year.
Over the coming summer, please keep reading, writing, and math facts on your daily to-do lists. While summer is often more restful than the school year, it is also a great time to stay sharp and dive into learning at your own pace. A great book goes hand-in-hand with the summer and our district's Summer Reading Adventure 2022 and Summer Math Challenge are perfect opportunities to stay engaged, active, and learning. Please checkout both for resources, book lists, and other summertime learning tips.
Below are a number of year-end topics including several that provide summertime updates. Please know that additional summer updates are forthcoming across both July and August as we prepare for the first day of school on Wednesday, September 7th. In the interim, our entire Monroe team would like to wish you and your family a healthy, restful, and family-filled summer. We will be here, preparing for September, and look forward to hearing about your summer adventures.
Thank you in advance for reading through the below.
Wednesday, June 22 - Last day of school (12:20 pm dismissal)
Monday, June 27 - Elementary Summer Experiences begins for all eligible + registered students (Summer Academy students must have been previously registered/confirmed or contacted/confirmed from wait list)
Monday, June 27 - MOE school office closed for summer
Wednesday, June 29 - MOE Summer Library begins (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 6 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 13 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 20 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, July 27 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, August 3 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Wednesday, August 10 - MOE Summer Library (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Monday, August 15 - MOE school office reopens
- Wednesday, August 17 - MOE Summer Library final day (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
- Monday, August 22, through Friday, August 26 - Everett Ready (8:35 - 11:35 am)
- Friday, August 26 - Everett Ready Family Meeting (11:00 am - 12:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 31 - Teacher Assignment Notification through HAC
- Thursday, September 1 - Meet Your Teacher (5:00 - 6:30 pm)
- Wednesday, September 7 - 1st Day of School (Grades 1-5)
- Wednesday, September 7, through Friday, September 9 - Kindergarten WaKIDS Meetings
- Monday, September 12 - 1st Day of Kindergarten
Forthcoming Changes to Team Monroe
With every summer comes some change, and that will be true of our team as we prepare for the 2022/2023 school year. We are sad to see the below colleagues transition to new opportunities, and we wish them our absolute best in the adventures ahead.
- Johanna Hilde (Physical Education Teacher): Ms. Hilde is retiring at the end of this school year after a lifetime of service to students and families. We honor all that Ms. Hilde has accomplished as a teacher in every regard including these last eight years serving our Eagles as our Physical Education teacher. Thank you, Ms. Hilde, for your creativity, focus, and dedication to our students, school, and community!
- Sheri Gifford (Fourth Grade Teacher): Ms. Gifford made the difficult decision to move back to her home state of Wyoming. She has dedicated thirty years to students as a classroom teacher and coach here in the Everett Public Schools. While the decision was not easy for her, we are happy to know that Ms. Gifford will be in close proximity to her family as those opportunities are priceless. Thank you, Ms. Gifford, for your unwavering commitment, compassion, and calm. Your love for our students, families, and colleagues is evident in all you do, and we honor and appreciate your exceptionally positive impact on our lives.
- Bridget Mooney (Speech and Language Pathologist): Mrs. Mooney and her husband are moving to Nevada and while we will miss her, we thank Mrs. Mooney for all that she brought to our students and school. Our Eagles truly benefitted from her knowledge, expertise, and compassionate care. As a result, many of our Eagles have worked to overcome speech/linguistic challenges as part of their careers here at Monroe. We wish Mrs. Mooney and her husband the absolute best as they begin a new adventure together!
- Diane Tymony (Paraeducator, Primary Grades Achieve): Exciting news as Mrs. Tymony will be beginning her student teaching in the coming fall! Mrs. Tymony is a talented educator who has served our students in our Primary Grades Achieve classroom exceptionally well. Now, she is taking the next step to becoming a classroom teacher, and we could not be more proud! Thank you, Mrs. Tymony, for all of the support and care that you have provided in growing our Eagles toward their true potential!
- We honor the below student teachers for successfully completing their student teaching assignment as part of our Monroe Team! Melissa Dilts, Jazmine Casey, and Kelly Bounxayavong each started the year with us as student teachers. Each have grown into talented educators and gave their all across this 2021/2022 school year. The successful completion of student teaching is a critical step in the life of each educator, and we applaud Ms. Dilts, Mrs. Casey, and Ms. Bounxayavong on their impressive accomplishments (past, present, and future)!
- We have had the wonderful fortune of welcoming a class of Transitional Kindergartners this winter/spring and over the past five months, we have watched each of our “TK-ers” grow in every regard thanks to the instruction and care of teacher, Claire Ferrell, and paraeducator, Jeanne Nguyen. Plans for Transitional Kindergarten during the 2022/2023 school year are underway but in the interim, we want to thank Ms. Ferrell and Ms. Nguyen for all that they have done for our youngest Eagles.
As the summer continues, additional changes may occur including team members who may be moving onto new one-to-one support roles with students. We will provide updates across the summer for any official transitions that occur.
Summer MOE Library Schedule!
Please plan to join us on Wednesdays as our Monroe Library will be open from 10:30am to 1:30pm each/every week. Students will be able to read and check out books in the comfort of our library across the entire summer break. This will be critical as reading for fun over the summer is one of the most essential efforts to ensure that students are not academically sliding backwards. More importantly, reading for fun is a critical, lifelong habit and it is important for our students to develop their love of reading through an exploration of a wide variety of books. Please know that we are here and would be thrilled to welcome you as part of our summertime library program.
Summer Meals for Families
MOE Summer Office Hours
Home Access Center (HAC)
Are you already signed up for Home Access Center (HAC)? HAC provides access to information such as student schedules, teachers' names and emails, attendance, and transportation. We also use HAC to notify families of their student's teacher assignment before school starts.
If you need access, please send an email to LMS@everettsd.org with your name, student name(s), student ID#, and the school(s) they attend. LMS will respond with your login/password to the email you have on file with the school. For more information, please click here.
Summer Updates + Other 22/23 Information
Please know that we will continue to send summer editions of MOE News during the months of July and August. Please look for the frequency of these to increase as the new school year approaches in late summer. As always, should you need anything over the summer months, please send us an email as we would be happy to connect. Several of our team members are on campus year-round and are available to assist you with your needs. Please look for summer editions of MOE News beginning in July.
Last Chance for Lost & Found
Thank you again for being part of our Monroe community as it is an honor to serve you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again soon as we fly fearlessly into the 2022/2023 school year together!
Win the Day, Eagles!
Tyler & Catarino
Principal & Assistant Principal
Monroe Elementary School
Fax 425-385-7302 Fax
Missed an Update?
Below are links to previous Monroe Updates:
- Yearend School Letter
- June 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- May 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- Spring Assessments Update: English Version - Spanish Version
- April 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- March 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- February 14th, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- February 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- January 14th, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- January 1st, 2022: English Version - Spanish Version
- December 16th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- December 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- November 5th, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 22, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- October 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 17, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 7, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- September 1, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 26, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version
- August 18, 2021: English Version - Spanish version
- July 30, 2021: English Version - Spanish Version