FL-Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents
Vision & Mission
- Transforming educational institutions.
- Advocating for sound educational practices.
- Advancing equity and equal access to education.
- Fostering community outreach and parental involvement.
- Facilitate networking and collaboration among educators.
- Serve educational needs of all students with special emphasis on Hispanic/Latino youth.
Executive Board of Directors
We invite you to Join our Committees
We thank the following leaders for facilitating the various committees available. Please email us if you are interested in helping at Floridaalas@gmail.com.
Araseli Martinez-Peña: Hillsborough County
- Professional Development- This committee assists the Executive Board with planning and organizing professional development activities, ranging from single topic institutes to the annual spring FL-ALAS Conference and Gala.
Laura Rounds: Osceola County
- Scholarship Director- Coordinates the implementation of the FL-ALAS Scholarship Program as directed by the Executive Board.
Patricia Bolinger: Broward County
- Mentoring- This committee assists the Executive board in coordinating mentoring activities and programs.
Ele-Valencia Knight: Palm Beach County
- Legislative Advocate- Responsible for monitoring education legislation relevant to Hispanic/Latino students and providing reports to the Executive Board.
County Representatives Needed
Reminders: Deadline June 30th
- National Principal Leadership Academy: https://www.alasedu.org/pla-principal-leadership-academy-cohort/
- Superintendents Leadership Academy: https://www.alasedu.org/sla-superintendent-leadership-academy-cohort/
New ALAS Academy
- Women Superintendents Policy Leadership Academy: Dr. Christina Kishimoto will lead Cohort I. Deadline is July 31st. https://www.alasedu.org/wspla-women-superintendents-policy-leadership-academy/
Want to learn more about Hispanic/Latino history and culture, or what the difference between Hispanic, Latino, and Latinx is? There are various video presentations available on-demand here: https://palmbeachschools.org/9HispanicLatino