TASPA Weekly Updates
October 11-15, 2021
TASPA Mission, Vision, and Core Values
Our Mission: To utilize arts integration to develop creative and critical thinkers equipped with the ability to reach full potential in a positive, safe and nurturing learning environment.
Our Vision: To enhance the quality of life for all students and develop creative learners by providing a deeper understanding of all subjects through arts integration.
TASPA Core Values:
- Effective Communication
- Critical Thinking
2021-2022 SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT GOALS AND STRATEGIES
Custodian Appreciation Day
Public Relations Council of Alabama-West Alabama Chapter Donation
Updates and Reminders
- All students, staff, and guests are expected to wear masks or face coverings through October 20.
- Regardless of TCS policy, all students are required to wear masks on the bus.
- We are implementing frequent handwashing breaks and have stocked all classroom spaces with hand sanitizer and disinfectant spray/wipes. In addition, there are air purifiers in all classrooms and HEPA filters in all arts rooms, cafeteria, and gym.
- We are not closing our building to parents and visitors at this time; however, large indoor events will be minimized. We will not conduct whole-school assemblies at this time. Assemblies and ceremonies will be conducted by grade span (PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8). Celebratory lunches (Grandparents Day, Thanksgiving, etc...) will be staggered across 2 days. Open House and PTA events will also be conducted in a staggered approach (by grade span). At this time we will also limit attendance [to all events] to one parent/guardian per child(ren)/family. The number of classroom volunteers and visitors will also be limited and monitored by administration.
- Students and faculty who test positive for COVID 19 must isolate for 10 days and may return after the 10 day isolation if fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication and display no other symptoms. Please notify our school nurse, Lindsey Jones, as soon as possible if your child tests positive for COVID 19 or if your child has been exposed to someone with COVID 19.
- If your child is considered a close contact, you will receive a phone call and letter from the school (via email). Close contacts will not be quarantined by the school. The Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) may contact you if they determine your child was a close contact and needs to be quarantined. If you decide to keep your child home because of exposure, please contact our front office staff, Ms. Bonner and Ms. Johnson, and your child's teacher to inform them of your decision.
- Students who are quarantined can access all assignments through Schoology.
Our ultimate goal is to keep our students and faculty safe. Please continue to monitor your child's health for symptoms. Also, please know that all of this information is subject to change based on ADPH and CDC guidelines. I will communicate changes as they arise.
Extended Day Registration Form
If your child is interested in participating in our after-school program, please fill out the registration form linked below. There are only a limited number of spots available per grade level. Spots are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You will receive an email from Maria Makarov, our Extended Day Director, within 3 business days regarding your child's enrollment status. If your child is placed on the waitlist, he/she will be offered admittance to the program as spots open up.
There is a $10 registration fee per child. The program costs $35 a week for one child, $65 a week for families with two children, and $95 a week for families with three children.
Attention Students in Grades 2-8- Charge and Bring Chromebooks to School Every Day!
Students in grades 2-8 should bring their TCS-issued Chromebooks to school every day. Please charge devices nightly, so they are ready to use each morning. At this time we are asking kindergarten and first grade students to keep devices at home.
If your child's device is broken, please send the device to school so we can send it off for repairs.
TASPA Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Parents, we need your help in making our dismissal process safe and quick. If your child is a car rider, you must pick him/her up through the carpool line (with the exception of 3 year old PreK). We will not allow parents to walk up and pick up students assigned as car riders. To help us get you in and out of the carpool lane quickly, please remember your carpool tag. Complete the car tag with the name (first and last) and grade level of each child riding with you and place the tag on your dash near the windshield (on the passenger side) upon arriving on campus. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our TASPA Stars safe! Please review our detailed arrival and dismissal routines below.
Our front office hours are from 8:00am-3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Please ring the bell at the front door for assistance.
If you have questions or need assistance please contact your child's teacher or our school leaders: Amy Tilford, Principalemail@example.com and Chenale Taylor-Maye, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Our PTA is Here to Support You!
Please stay connected to our PTA by following them on Facebook:
Use this link to pay your PTA membership dues and manage your account: https://taspa.memberhub.store/.