Welcome Back to School
We are thrilled to meet you!
Here's what we have done in previous years. We are planning lots of fun activities for this year!
This is Going to Be A Great Year!
You are also scheduled to pick up your 8th grade text books on Tuesday, July 30th! Check out the flyer for more information about times and food options for Back to School night.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU!
Virtual Learning - We ARE EXCITED and ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!
1. Check the Websites of your Teachers (www.kanley.org) and AERIES often.
2. Read the book your child is reading in class and discuss it with him/her.
3. Maintain communication - if something isn't right let us know so we can work together to fix it!
5. Ask your student to share their completed work, both before during and after it has been turned in.
6. Help you child to connect their school concepts to "real world" situations.
7. Patience and Grace to ALL! This is a brand new learning experience for ALL of us. We are starting the year with the knowledge that this will be a year of changes. There are so many virtual opportunities and we want to use them with the knowledge that things may not always go as planned! Please give us the patience and grace that we are also going to extend to your child.
What is on the shopping list?
This is a suggested supply list. Purchase of these items is voluntary. Many parents have requested a list of supplies that are appropriate for each grade level, so here is what is needed in 8th. We hope this will be of some assistance to you.
• Pencils, pencils, & more pencils! (Mechanical pencils work best)
• Colored pencils, markers, gel pens & crayons
• Several non-erasable red, green, or blue pens (for correcting assignments in class)
• Loose leaf paper
• Graph paper
• Single Subject Spiral notebooks (you might want to purchase additional spiral notebooks while they are on sale) - Please purchase the "larger format" style of notebook - students may be gluing full pages into the notebook - so the bigger the page, the less cutting has to happen - here's a link to Amazon to show you an example of the notebook - http://a.co/aMgfQ51 (these notebooks can be purchased at Target, Walmart or any office supply place not just Amazon)
• Pencil Sharpener
• 3 or 4 Dry erase markers & eraser (can be a towel)
• 3 x 5 index cards (for quizzing self - we will be using Quizlet and other means to practice vocabulary )
• Glue sticks / tape
- Ear “buds” or headphones - to use with Chromebooks - personal choice for online lessons
• 2 fine tip Sharpie markers
- Box / Container to store all student supplies at home - this is like a cubby and it will be a nice place for them to have all supplies and books in one place.
Here's a picture of an example of the type of notebook we suggest using for our classes.
Contacts for Mrs. Daley and Mrs. Kaneshina
Mrs. Daley's email - email@example.com