Team Charming Grace
September 2014 Bulletin
August Wrap Up
Here are the top 10 in sales:
Lenette Serlo 2126.90
Brittany Nortmann & Tonya Pullich 2022.70
Heather Castillo 2013.20
Tiffany Beukers 1886.40
Faye Winterholler 1246.20
Christina Hicks 1222.40
Caridad Alonso 1057.40
Andrea Self 985.50
Celeste Tripician 952.70
Zugeilys Castillo 927.60
Wendy Bellack & Jill Bellack
Brittany Nortmann & Tonya Pullich
For promotion to Leading Designer!!!
ATTRACT THOSE FALL BOOKINGS!!!!
I love this article from Julie Ann Jones that addresses bookings and the lack there of at times. In just 2 days it will be officially Fall! Do you have your dates all booked up for the rest of the season? We've all hit a dry patch here and there at times, but I can attest that these are surefire ways to have a busy fall. Pay close attention to the 3 Tips at the end. I have personal experience with number 3 and I can tell you that if you believe something you can most definitely achieve it! Enjoy the read!
If you’re doing parties as part of your direct sales business plan, you’ve no doubt experienced a “drought” in bookings at some time in your career. I want you to imagine for a moment what it would be like if bookings came naturally for you, meaning that people were eager to book parties, their parties were holding on the original dates and were demographically close and convenient for you to get to, you had good turnouts for your home parties, you were making great income, and you were sponsoring, on average, one to two people per home party. Would you do more parties (or maybe even consider doing parties if you aren’t now) if that were the case? Of course you would!
There are two kinds of bookings in the direct sales/home party industry:
- Bookings from home parties (which I define as easy)
- Creative bookings (which are a heck of a lot more work).
So your goal at your home parties has to be to continuously duplicate your parties from your parties (or get bookings!). Here's the core “truth” about home parties – Its got to be about the experience for your guests, not your products. It’s the experience your guests are having at your current party that will compel them to want to book a party of their own. Your job is to connect with them and provide that fun, relaxing experience. I always say, if someone isn't having a great experience at your party, there's no way they're going to want to repeat that (not so great) experience with their friends.
Here are a few ideas for creating an experience that will bring more bookings at your home parties.
Make a connection
Consider what would happen if you made the first fifteen to twenty minutes of your party about nothing but connecting with your guests. Make it your goal to be “one of the crowd” during this time instead of setting yourself apart as the consultant. Get involved with them and make your interaction about them, not you. That means you have to:
• Get curious
• Ask them questions about them, not you or your products
• Get out of yourself and make a commitment to learn about them
The more you can connect with your guests during the first fifteen to twenty minutes of your party, the more parties you’ll book, sponsoring leads you’ll get, and sales you’ll have at the end of your party.
Figure out what makes your party special
In order to create that experience, you have to ask yourself what sets you apart from others who do what you do. What makes your party experience special? And what would make someone want to book a party with you? Here are a few ideas:
- You’re fun personality
- Free & reduced product
- Fun night out with friends
- To help the current hostess
- Theme parties
Make a list of what makes your party experience different and then look for places where you can change what your doing so your results change as well.
Change your mind
Finally, there's a very simple change you can make right now that has the potential to make all the difference. Change your thinking about your results. Here's what I mean by that. If you don't have bookings now and you haven't been having success getting bookings lately, you're probably very focused on your lack of bookings. You talk about it, think about it, and are frustrated by it. The problem with that is, by focusing on what you don't have, you're attracting more of that! Energy flows where attention goes, and if you're showing up at a party feeling frustrated and like no one wants to book a party with you, your energy won't be the least bit inviting and no one will book a party with you!
So change where you're putting your attention. Start telling yourself (even if it feels like a lie at first) "I AM A BOOKING MAGNET!" "Everyone loves to book parties with me!" "I have more bookings than I know what to do with!" Tell yourself this when you wake up and before you go to sleep. Make a sign that says it and put it up in your office. Say it before you walk into your next party or pick up the phone to book parties. And then watch what happens. If you're changing your mindset in conjunction with using some of the powerful booking tools I've shared in this and other posts, you'll be amazed at how quickly the universe will rush to make your new mindset a reality!
5 Important Updates & Enhancements
You asked for them so here they are. Ready? Here we go…
These changes will ensure you can manage your customers more efficiently and offer the customer experience they deserve. These changes will go into effect on Monday, September 22. How’s that for happy?
- Our goal is to make product returns and exchanges easy and hassle-free.
- Product is no longer required to be sent back in most cases.
- However, Origami Owl reserves the right to request for product to be returned to the Nest at any time.
- There will be limits in place considering your volume and number of claims submitted.
- No restocking fee except on kits.
- Product is no longer required to be sent back in most cases.
- The details:
- We recommend that customers start with their Designers for all product issues.
- No more waiting for you to return the products. Reshipment orders will be placed immediately for you without having to first ship your return item to us in most cases.
- If preferred, a full refund will be issued within 30 days (less shipping costs) of the original order shipment date. Direct customer purchases through your website will result in a full refund on the credit card associated with the order. However, as with current Jewelry Bar refunds, we refund the wholesale value but refunding of the “instant commission” remains your responsibility.
- We will allow exchanges for up to 90 days in the form of product credits.
- Product credits and replacements can be requested for up to 90 days of the original order shipment date.
- Credits will be valid for 60 days from date a credit is issued.
- The Process:
- Simply go online and fill out our simple returns form.
- Receive instant notification that we received your claim.
- Replacement/refund will be complete within one week.
- Click here to access our online claim form. (This form is available to you and your customers through our website.)
- Impact on Commissions
- No impact on Designer’s commissions.
- Product Credit/Refunds
- Our system will deduct commissions at the time of issuance of product credit and then allow the use of the product credit to count toward commission on a future sale.
- For example: Karen’s customer Tammy returned a $100 order. We will deduct commissions when a refund/credit is issued. When they place their replacement order with Tammy, she will get it back and the PV also.
- System will automatically calculate any increase/decrease in commissions based on the additional/reduced sales price and the related discount rules as a result of the exchange.
To better reward you for great mentorship and to ensure all Designers have strong upline support and a culture of inclusion within your team, we are thrilled to announce a new roll-up policy!
- We are revising the criteria for Team Structure (see Career Plan) to include all Inherited Direct Designers toward your monthly qualifications for commission and rank.
- This means, when a Designer’s Mentor leaves the company, the exiting Mentor’s team will “roll up” one level.
- These Designers will count toward the Team Structure requirement (which includes the Inherited Designer’s PV and rank).
- These Designers will not count toward your Personally Sponsored Active Designer requirement, but they will count toward your title qualification.
- Example: If you qualify as an ETL, you may use an Inherited Designer who is an STL to count toward your Team Structure (the qualified leaders needed on your team for that month), but you will still need five (5) of your own Personally Sponsored Designers (as well as the other requirements) to qualify for ETL.
- Once this change is in place, the change will be retroactive to include all your inherited Designers, regardless of the date they rolled up to you.
- We are working with our IT partners to have this process in place by November.
To ensure all new Designers receive consistent mentoring, we have improved the policy of assigning new Designers not attached to a mentor.
- As of 9/11/14, all new Designers who join Origami Owl without a Mentor (previously called Orphans) are now being assigned to a Mentor as “personally sponsored.”
- Designers who receive an Annie on their team will receive an email from Career and Guidelines Support (email@example.com) with the exciting news. Designers should respond to the email within 72 hours.
- Once assigned, an email message to the Annie will indicate they are now personally sponsored under their new Mentor. This message will also include details about the “Soar to Success” program.
- We are continuing to evaluate our current assignment process and streamline efforts to make these transitions seamless as we move forward.
- Our goal is to transition all previously assigned Annies as personally sponsored with their current Mentor. We will have this process complete by November.
- Inherited or rolled-up Direct Designers are not considered Personally Sponsored Designers.
To better support all Designers with stronger communication and upline coaching, we will be reviewing and improving our inactivity policy.
- We are conducting a review of the process that terminates Designers due to inactivity.
- We have a revised communication plan in the works to support and encourage the at-risk Designer as well as the Mentor and upline Director, which we believe will lead to better retention and fewer terminations due to inactivity.
- Until we have our revised communication plan in place, we will only terminate Designers who have zero PV in the last rolling six-month period.
- Our goal is to help each of our Designers be a success, enhance the entire process, and then return to our normal requirement of $199 PV in a rolling six-month period to remain an eligible Designer, which will most likely be early 2015.
To recognize your efforts in re-engaging past Designers and reintroducing the Origami Owl opportunity, we have clarified our re-enrollment policy.
- Previous Designers who re-enroll with Origami Owl after six-months away from the company, and who purchase a new Business Package, will be eligible for company incentives as if they were a brand new Designer with the company. (This will include the Maui Incentive Trip and the Soar to Success program.)
- Re-enrolling Designers do count toward the Maui incentive for their Mentor.
- Reinstated Designers (those who reactivate prior to 6 months) are not considered new and are not eligible for Soar to Success and do not count as new for the upline.
- Designers who leave the business forfeit any downline they may have had.
The Origami Owl Family
My family and I have had the pleasure of getting to know some of the people from the Nest personally, over the last year or so. I can honestly say this is the best company I've been a part of and it does feel like an extension of our family. You are part of a company that has a heart and truly works toward being a force for good every single day.
Darlene Giol - Executive Team Leader & Origami Owl Independent Designer #9060
About four years ago, our daughter was diagnosed with autism. I was thankful the O2 opportunity came around when it did because it gave us so much more freedom, not just financially, but also as a family. We have been able to get our daughter what she needs, have her brother join her in school, travel together, and just spend even more time together. It has made a huge impact on our lives and has been such a blessing.
Over the years, I've gained invaluable experience in the industry. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to share my knowledge with all of you and help you all to grow your own organizations in the company. I love to see you all reach your goals and dreams! Thank you for joining me on this adventure. It will be one of the best decisions you've made, I can promise you!
I look forward to us being a Director led team in the very near future and I hope that each and every one of you will join me there and beyond!