Infromation on the Bald eagle
- The bald eagle is the only unique to North America.The Bald Eagle rarely flaps its wings and soar instead of holding its wings almost completely flat.
- The bald eagle primarily eats fish, carrion, smaller birds, and rodents. Eagles are also known to prey large birds and large fish.
- Bald eagle numbers in the United states were estimated to be between 300,000-500,000 in the 1700s. Numbers are once low as 500 nesting pairs in the 48 states.
- Bald eagles live near the bodies of water in Canada and Alaska, and it scattered locations, all thought thoughout the lower 48 states and Mexico.
- The bald eagle are endangered