Something to Buzz About...
February 1- 5, 2016
- This week we started Topic 10: Fraction Comparison and Equivalence. We learned how to compare fractions with the same numerator and the same denominator. We are able to use fraction strips and tiles to help us compare fractions.
- We began our second process writing workshop. Our focus is Rockin' Research! The students have been assigned their animal that they will research. We have been immersing ourselves with non-fiction text features and will continue this stage next week. Please send in any additional resources that you may find while researching your animal at home.
Author visit from Laurence Pringle
We enjoyed listening to Mr. Pringle tell us about how he uses the writing process when he is writing a book. He told us editing and revising is an imperative stage!
This week we used fraction tiles to help us compare fractions in Math.
- The make up Spelling test will be on Tuesday, February 9, 2016
- Our next Spelling test will be Friday, February 12, 2016
- Our next Math Topic 10 Assessment will be Tuesday, February 23, 2016 (after the break)