Message From Central Road School
Mrs. Joanna Shostachuk, School Principal
A Note from Mrs. Shostachuk 12/04/2022
Dear Central Road Families:
It is hard to believe that the festive holiday season is already upon us. Both students and staff jumped right back into teaching and learning this week. It is always great to see how we are able to do so pretty smoothly. While visiting classrooms this past week, it was lovely to connect with & witness the day to day happenings. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out for support and/or clarification. We look forward to welcoming back students on Monday, December 5th.
Important Dates to Remember
- Tuesday, December 6-PTA-Thrown Pottery Event @5:30-7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 7-NO PTA Meeting this month
- Friday, December 9-Early Release @3:05 pm
- Week of December 12th-Holiday Shop-optional for students
- Wednesday, December 14th-Spelling Bee Grades 4-6
- Friday, December 16-Early Release @3:05 pm
- Wednesday, December 21-Pajama and Movie Day-PBIS Celebration
- Wednesday, December 21-Last day of school before winter break
- Thursday, December 22-Sunday, January 8-WINTER BREAK-No School
- Monday, January 9-Back to School
Visit the District 15 Calendar for more information!
Recess & Cold Weather Guidelines
Students generally go outside for recess every day, so they should dress appropriately for the weather. Exceptions are made only when a child brings a doctor's note excusing him/her from outdoor recess.
Staff members provide playground supervision. If students are not following behavior expectations, a staff member will address the behavior with the student(s). Based on the behavior, the child may speak to an administrator.
Cold weather: Indoor recess is determined based on the following guidelines:
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is below 0°F, all students will remain inside for the entire lunch hour.
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is between 0°-10°F, the preferred procedure is a rotation of 20 minutes for lunch, a 20-minute outdoor recess, and a 20-minute indoor recess. However, at the principal's discretion, students may be kept inside for the entire lunch hour.
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is above 10°F, students will have regular outdoor recess.
- Please let us know if you have any questions related to our recess guidelines.
Spelling Bee Information
Thrown Elements Pottery Event
Thank A Staff Member
A Note from our Health Office
We have seen an uptick in illnesses lately now that we are into the winter months. Please report any illnesses like strep, flu, pink eye, rsv, and/or covid to the Nurse's Office when confirmed by a doctor. Thank you for keeping your child(ren) at home when not feeling well. We continue to encourage consistent hand washing at school. Please email me with any questions related to your child's health needs at school. Thank you so much!
Nurse Angelica email@example.com
Contact Information for Central Road School
Welcome to Central Road Elementary School, Home of the Wolves!
We are located at 3800 Central Road Rolling Meadows, IL 60008-2554.
Our main office phone number is 847-963-5100. Our Absence Line is 847-963-5101.
Principal: Mrs. Shostachuk 847-963-5105 firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Green 847-963-5104 email@example.com
Elementary Secretary: Mrs. Rogers 847-963-5180 firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Clerical: Mrs. Aguilar email@example.com
School Nurse: Mrs. Caballero firstname.lastname@example.org